The technology governance structure at Wheaton College establishes the strategic, operational, and technical decision-making process necessary to ensure innovative, reliable, and robust technology solutions.
Technology governance provides strategic leadership, establishes campus-wide technology priorities and policies in accordance with the college’s strategic plans and is accountable to the college.
The primary goals of the Technology Governance effort are:
- To align Academic and Institutional Technology’s (AIT) direction with the College Strategic Plan and the business priorities;
- To create a snapshot of technology systems and services on campus that is efficient, meaningful, and innovative; and
- To share awareness of the decision-making process that determines where technology resources are applied.
These goals are accomplished by:
- Fostering dynamic and direct partnership between AIT and its surrounding community;
- Ensuring comprehensive and integrated technology oversight; and
- Providing oversight led by members of the college community who are responsible for, and directly accountable to, their respective parts of the institution.