Spend a Winter Weekend at HoneyRock
Wheaton College students can retreat to the Northwoods of Wisconsin and spend a long weekend resting and enjoying the outdoors at HoneyRock!
Cancelled: President's Day Weekend, February 17-20, 2023
Cancelled: Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend, January 13-16, 2023
What is a Wheaton Winter Weekend?
Have you ever cross-country skied? Played Broomball or gone big hill tubing with your friends? How about ride horseback through the snowy woods? Come away to HoneyRock for a weekend full of winter activities, relaxing moments next to the fire, and a chance to spend time with friends. First 5 people to sign up will get 50% off at the Beehive & HoneyBean Café!
Location: HoneyRock Center for Leadership Development 8660 HoneyRock Road Three Lakes, WI 54562
More Information: Please contact our Guest Group Program Manger at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create or Sign in to your HoneyRock account and sign up for either one (or both!) of the two available weekends.
- Reserve your spot by paying for your registration in full.
Please bring the following:
- 1 pair warm or waterproof snow boots
- 1 pair of inside shoes
- 2 pairs of warm, thick socks (wool/fleece)
- 1 pair lightweight mittens (wool/fleece)
- 1 pair of heavy winter gloves or mittens (waterproof preferred)
- 1 warm winter hat (wool/fleece)
- 1 scarf or neck gaiter
- 1 long-sleeved undershirt as a “base layer” (wool/synthetic)
- 1 or 2 long-sleeve t-shirts (synthetic/wool)
- 1 or 2 mid-weight, warm sweatshirt (synthetic)
- 1 puffy coat or other heavy-duty winter coat (down or synthetic fill)
- 1 heavy-weight long underwear as a “base layer” (wool/synthetic)
- 2 pairs of warm pants (sweatpants or lined jeans, synthetic preferred)
- 1 pair ski pants or nylon shell pants (aka: snow pants or rain pants)
- Personal Toiletries
- Warm sleeping bag
Optional but recommended:
- Journal & Pen
- Art Supplies
- Camera (not on your phone)
- Extra blanket
Please Leave Behind:
- Electronic Devices: Video Games, Laptops/Tablets, DVDs, etc.
- Audio/Video Players, Bluetooth speakers, headphones
- Mobile phones (optional but highly recommended you unplug)
- Knives larger than 6”
- Firearms, Fireworks, and Explosives of any kind
- Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs
*All housing and buildings used during winter are sufficiently heated for guest safety and comfort.
*Be sure to check the forecast for Three Lakes, WI while packing.
*The list above is based off a 3-day weekend but you know you best!
*Most all of our winter activities require that you wear at least a hat, winter gloves, and warm winter boots. YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN SELECT ACTIVITIES IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THESE ITEMS. If you do not own the proper gear, we will have extras to loan out. Plesae be sure to connect with your host upon your arrival if that's the case.
*Wool, fleece, and synthetic materials are best for cold-weather and snow activities. Once cotton gets wet, it loses its warmth and takes long to dry.
Note: All winter activities are weather dependent and require the use of ice and/or ample snow coverage.
Winter activities include:
- Cross Country Skiing
- Tubing (small and big hills)
- Ice Hockey
- Ice Skating
- Winter Canoeing
- Horseback Riding (trail)
- Indoor Rock Climbing (not weather dependent)
- Card and board games
- Ping Pong and Foosball
If you need to cancel, HoneyRock will return all but 50% of your paid fee.
If required, we will update our COVID protocols prior to the event.
If you're experiencing COVID-like symptoms, plesae notify our Guest Group Program Manager at 630-752-6024 prior to beginning your travel to HoneyRock.