How to Give to HoneyRock
Ready to give right now? You can donate online, anytime, anywhere. Follow the link below and follow the steps to make your donation now.
Giving by Mail
All checks can be made out to the HoneyRock Center for Leadership Development. If you have a specific area or project you would like your donation to go toward, you can specify that on the "memo" line of the check.
When sending a donation check in the mail, please address the envelope as follows:
Advancement Services - Wheaton College
Attn: Mary Ratliff
501 College Ave
Wheaton, IL 60187
Giving by Phone
Prefer to make your donation on the phone?
You can call Wheaton College's Advancement Services Office at 800-525-9906. From there, they can process the credit card information for you and answer any questions you may have about your donation and financial support.
HoneyRock Partners Program
A partner of HoneyRock is anyone who prays for, promotes, and supports the mission of HoneyRock, and there are myriad ways to support HoneyRock from near and far!
As a non-profit organization, HoneyRock is responsible for meeting all of its budgetary and capital needs outside of the Wheaton budget. Donors generously contribute hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars each year to keep HoneyRock thriving for generations to come.
Tap through the options below to explore the ways you can partner with HoneyRock!
Ways to Partner with HoneyRock
Cornerstone Partners have an opportunity of ensuring that hundreds of people continue to experience HoneyRock by committing to pray, promote, and provide for HoneyRock on a continuing basis.
- Receive regular communication from HoneyRock, updating them on our ministry, strategic priorities, and prayer concerns
- Commit to monthly, automatic giving to the general needs of HoneyRock
Below you will find examples of what each monthly giving level can provide for our programming and operations. Quarterly, annual, or one-time gifts are welcome!
- Operating costs and equipment for one of 12 activity areas
- First aid certifications for twelve of 200 seasonal staff
- Professional Staff training and development, including: events, materials, and trainings (30 people per year)
- One of 400 camper scholarships
- Annually replacing ropes for all climbing areas and the challenge course
- Running one of two ski boats for one week of a 14-week summer
- Running the dishwasher in Chrouser Center for two weeks
- Feeding one of our 28 horses for one year
- Permits needed for one of ten full 2-week wilderness trip in the Boundary Waters
- A visa for one of our 20 international summer staff members
- Half of 12 Vanguard Gap Year Program scholarships
- Replacing one canoe of eight needed per year to maintain our fleet of canoes
- Half of the annually required medical supplies in our Health Center
Heritage Partners are those who partner with HoneyRock to fulfill major needs for HoneyRock, typically toward a strategic priority.
As part of a strategic plan, HoneyRock will pursue a major capital project over a short period of time. Some of our most recent projects saw the successful completion of a new health center (completed 2018), and a renovation and repurposing of our old health center into additional housing (2019), renovated the Voyageur Center for additional housing needs (2020), and added staff laundry rooms (2020).
Please email Scott Clausen, Regional Director of Development for HoneyRock, if you would like to know more.
- Chrouser/Beehive Renovation into year-round Student Center ($95,000)
- Vans $40,000 - $70,000 each
Legacy Partners give towards established endowments through estate planning or major gifts. Each year HoneyRock provides scholarships to approximately 30% of its campers and 50% of the students in our leadership programs. Generous friends send gifts specifically for this purpose and others have established endowments through estate planning or major gifts.
HoneyRock volunteers exist to partner in the overall mission of HoneyRock and Wheaton College through acts of service, providing practical and needed help in a variety of ways, increasing HoneyRock’s level of excellence, effectiveness, and reach.
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available at HoneyRock:
- Summer program support
In order to volunteer at HoneyRock, you must complete an application. Once applied, one of our team members will follow up with next steps
Learn more about volunteering at HoneyRock by reviewing our HoneyRock Volunteer Manual.
Questions? Email us!
Subscribe to our quarterly Northern Light Newsletter and stay current on the projects, events, and programs that HoneyRock is involved in year-round. We'd love to stay in touch with you!