A partner of HoneyRock is anyone who prays, promotes, and provides to the mission of HoneyRock.
As a non-profit organization, HoneyRock is responsible to meet all of its budgetary and capital needs outside of the Wheaton budget. Donors to HoneyRock generously contribute hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars each year to keep HoneyRock thriving for generations to come.
Give to the Beehive Camper Scholarship
Complete this form to designate your camper's remaining Beehive account balance to our Beehive Camper Scholarship Fund. We raise $5,000 - $6,000 in camper scholarships every year from this initiative!
Ways to Partner with HoneyRock
Cornerstone Partners have an opportunity of ensuring that hundreds of people continue to experience HoneyRock by committing to pray, promote, and provide for HoneyRock on a continuing basis.
- Receive regular communication from HoneyRock, updating them on our ministry, strategic priorities, and prayer concerns
- Commit to monthly, automatic giving to the general needs of HoneyRock
Below you will find examples of what each monthly giving level can provide for our programming and operations. Quarterly, annual, or one-time gifts are welcome!
- Operating costs and equipment for one of 12 activity areas
- First aid certifications for twelve of 200 seasonal staff
- Professional Staff training and development, including: events, materials, and trainings (30 people per year)
- One of 400 camper scholarships
- Annually replacing ropes for all climbing areas and the challenge course
- Running one of two ski boats for one week of a 14-week summer
- Running the dishwasher in Chrouser Center for two weeks
- Feeding one of our 28 horses for one year
- Permits needeed for one of ten full 2-week wilderness trip in the Boundary Waters
- A visa for one of our 20 international summer staff members
- Half of 12 Vanguard Gap Year Program scholarships
- Replacing one canoe of eight needed per year ot mainain our fleet of canoes
- Half of the annually required medical supplies in our Health Center
There are many opportunities for all ages to get involved and volunteer at HoneyRock!
- Join us for Volunteer Week!
- Serve in our kitchen, especially during our busy summer camp season
- Assist operations with projects, such as fall and spring clean up, painting, ground care, or light maintanence
- Have a specifica area of expertise that would serve HoneyRock? Give us a call!
Heritage Partners are those who partner with HoneyRock to fulfill major needs for HoneyRock, typically toward a strategic priority.
As part of a strategic plan, HoneyRock will pursue a major capital project over a short period of time. Some of our most recent projects saw the successful completion of a new health center (completed 2018), and a renovation and repurposing of our old health center into additional housing (2019), renovated the Voyageur Center for additional housing needs (2020), and added staff laundry rooms (2020).
Please email Rob Ribbe, Executive Director of HoneyRock, if you would like to know more.
- Equestrian Center
- Wood Chipper ($40,000)
- Chrouser/Beehive Renovation into year-round Student Center ($95,000)
- Vans (up to $30,000 each)
- Renovate Craft Shop into a year-round fine arts studio ($25,000)
Legacy Partners give towards established endowments through estate planning or major gifts. Each year HoneyRock provides scholarships to approximately 30% of its campers and 50% of the students in our leadership programs. Generous friends send gifts specifically for this purpose and others have established endowments through estate planning or major gifts.
Give to HoneyRock
How to Give to HoneyRock
Your donation can be made online or...
Give by Mail
Send a check to Mary Ratliff in Advancement Services at Wheaton College. You can send a check directly to HoneyRock, but we'll simply forward it to Mary!
Advancement Services-Wheaton College
501 College Ave
Wheaton, IL 60187
When sending a check to Advancement Services, please specify your donation in the memo line (i.e. HoneyRock Health Center).
Give by Phone
Please call Wheaton College's Advancement Services Office at 800.525.9906 and they can process the credit card information for you and answer any questions you may have.