Degree Works FAQ

Degree Works FAQ

Degree Works can be accessed through the Wheaton College Portal

  • Enter Secure Area
  • Input your username and password
  • Select Student Services
  • Select Degree Works-Student

Degree Works DOES NOT work in Chrome.  Please use Firefox, Internet Explorere, Edge or Safari.

Fall Through courses are courses that DO NOT meet a specific requirement in the program you are pursuing, but still count as hours/credits towards graduation.  Think of them as general electives.

Insufficient courses are courses that DO NOT count towards meeting any requirement at Wheaton.  These are frequently failed courses, courses with a W grade, or audits.

Yes & Degree Works assumes you will complete those hours successfully.

For the Foreign Language requirement, Degree Works looks to ensure you have passed competency.  Each semester, the Foreign Language department sends the list of students who have passed competency to the Registrar's Office, and it is coded to reflect that for those students.

A signed department recommendation for any substitution must be submitted to the Registrar's Office.  Once that is submitted, the substitution will be 'hard coded' into your Degree Works evaluation.

In-progress courses are courses taken in the current semester. Pre-registered courses are courses registered for future semesters which have not yet begun.

Please work with your current advisor to complete an official change of major or declaration of minor/certificate form.

Please contact the registrar’s office at Please include your name, ID number and a description of the problem.

If you are in the process of changing your major, your advisor will be changed once the new academic department sends us the information. If you major is correct but your advisor is still incorrect, please contact the office coordinator in your major department. He/she will notify the registrar’s office of any changes that need to be made.

Please complete a Catalog Year Change form in the Registrar's Office. We will change the catalog for you in our records & Degree Works.