Do you need to take a language placement test? Register below.
Placement tests are required for students who have had two (2) years of formal learning in Greek, Hebrew and Latin, for students who were in honors level courses in high school, and for students considering enrolling in a 300-level (advanced) language course. Placement tests are optional for all other students.
If you are unsure if you need to take the placement test, please refer to the Foreign Language Requirement page to see what your next step is in your language studies here at Wheaton College.
Language placement tests offered include:
- Français (French)
- ἡ ἑλληνική γλῶσσα (Koine Greek)
- Deutsch (German)
- שְׂפָה עִבְרִית (Ancient Hebrew)
- Español (Spanish)
- LINGVA LATINA (Latin)
- 中文 (Mandarin Chinese)
1. Register for a language placement test.
You will receive instructions for your placement test upon completing the registration form.
You may take a placement test in more than one language.
2. Placement Test Information and Access
French, German and Spanish:
- Online Language Placement Test >> : Password will be provided upon completion of registration.
Mandarin Chinese and Ancient Languages:
- On-campus Language Placement Test : Offered only at select times during the year. Summer registration must be completed at least one week prior to Orientation Week in August. Once you are registered, you will receive a confirmation via email.