Do you need to take a language placement test?
Placement tests are required for all students intending to complete their foreign language requirement for graduation via language study at Wheaton College.
If you are unsure if you need to take the placement test, please contact the Elise Bock, Testing Coordinator.
Language placement tests offered include:
- Français (French)
- ἡ ἑλληνική γλῶσσα (Koine Greek)
- Deutsch (German)
- שְׂפָה עִבְרִית (Ancient Hebrew)
- Español (Spanish)
- LINGVA LATINA (Latin)
- 中文 (Mandarin Chinese)
1. Register for a language placement test
You will receive instructions for your placement test upon completing the registration form.
You may take a placement test in more than one language.
2. Placement Test Information and Access
French, German and Spanish:
- Online Language Placement Test >> : Password will be provided upon completion of registration.
- This is an online test. Instructions will be provided upon completion of registration.
Classical Languages (Greek, Hebrew and Latin):
- Classical Language Placement Tests are held on-campus : Offered at the beginning of each academic semester. Registration must be completed at least two days prior to the test date. Upon completion of the online registration form, you will receive a confirmation email with test instructions.
Please contact the Testing Coordinator, Elise Bock with any questions pertaining to placement testing.