Health Professions Club
Wheaton's Health Professions Club connects students with ways to exercise practical service, minister in the health professions, and prepare for professional school and other scientific fields. We hope to glorify God by encouraging servant minds and leaving a lasting imprint— not only at Wheaton, but also in our greater community.
The Health Professions Club offers students unique opportunities through our mentoring program, the ability to volunteer in meaningful contexts, and events each year designed to provide students with the resources and skills necessary to succeed in their chosen field of study.
Picture of the 2019-2020 Cabinet
Back Row (L to R): Ethan Goins, Ethan Davitt, Jonathan Schofield, Natalia VanderZanden, Kaylah McAnally
Front Row (L to R): Piper Wenzel, Jacob Cuevas, Anna Wilson
(not pictured: Hannah Hurst)
Recent volunteering sites for Wheaton students include:
- Bolingbrook Christian Health Center: Has a rich history of both serving uninsured persons and allowing Wheaton students to serve under experienced healthcare providers.
- Mission Possible: A free clinic and ministry in Aurora, IL that provides both dental, medical, and other forms of care free of charge to uninsured individuals.
- Facilitate fellowship and support for members
- Provide students with guidance and direction to resources
- Provide opportunities for practical experience, ministry in the health professions, and preparation for professional school and other opportunities
- Develop servant leaders that will positively impact the community
- Please email Club with any questions about volunteering, mentoring, or to request more information about membership.
Health Professions Club Cabinet Positions for 2019-2020:
President - Piper Wenzel
Vice President - Anna Wilson
Senior Volunteer Coordinator - Kaylah McAnally
Junior Volunteer Coordinator - Ethan Goins
Individual Site Volunteer Coordinators - Anna Wilson, Hannah Hurst, and Jake Cuevas
Senior Blood Drive Coordinator - Natalia Vander Zanden
Junior Blood Drive Coordinator - Ethan Davitt
Senior Events Coordinator - Jonathan Schofield