The Student Financial Services Office is here to assist you in processing all payments for tuition, room, board and miscellaneous fees.
The Wheaton College Student Billing and Payment Gateway
The Student Billing and Payment Gateway provides 24/7 online access to manage all of your student account activity and transactions.
Billing and Payment Gateway Features
- Announcements: The left sidebar is updated frequently to provide important updates. It also includes general billing and payment information and helpful contacts and links.
- Authorized Users*: Create authorized user profiles for each person who will need access to your account. Once added under your profile, authorized users receive two emails with login instructions. This also gives our office the student’s permission to speak with the authorized user about their account details.
- Semester Bills and Monthly Statements: View and print statements online.
- Account Activity: View, print, or download account activity by term.
- Payment Plans: Enroll in or manage your semester payment plan.
- Payments: Set up preferred payment methods and make or schedule online payments.
- Electronic Refunds*: Set up a preferred bank account to receive refunds of account credits by direct deposit. Use the eRefund Request Form to request the refund.
- Year-end 1098-T Tax Statements: Retrieve tax statements online. Students must grant parent permission to access this form under their authorized user profile.
*These features are not available to authorized users.
Accessing the Student Billing and Payment Gateway
Students: Access the Gateway through your student portal at portal.wheaton.edu and login using your NetID and password. Once logged in, select your student status from the left-hand menu and then select Student Billing and Payment Gateway under the Billing and Payment options.
Authorized Users: Go to https://secure.touchnet.net/C22346_tsa/web/login.jsp and login with your email address and password.Student Payment Gateway Login
Authorized user (Parent) Payment Gateway Login
Billing and Payment at Wheaton
Semester bills and monthly statements will be available online in the Student Billing and Payment Gateway. Email notices are sent to students and their authorized users when new statements are ready to view or print online. Semester bills will be issued at least 30 days before the due date which is the first day of classes. Month-end statements will be issued when there is an account balance (an amount due or a credit) or there has been activity on the account, such as new charges or credits. New charges added after the semester bill was issued will be due 30 days after they are first billed on a month-end statement.
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Online Electronic Check (ACH) from a checking or savings account. This is a free service.
- Online using a credit or debit card. There is a non-refundable bank service charge of 2.85% per transaction.
- Paper Check (free).
- Bank wire (bank fees apply)
Wheaton does not take payment by phone.
Checks should be made payable to Wheaton College and the student’s full name and student ID number should be included on the memo line of the check. This applies to personal checks as well as outside scholarships and payments from College Savings/529 Plans.
Our mailing address:
Wheaton College - Student Financial Services
501 College Ave
Wheaton, IL 60187
If you provide a check as a payment, you authorize us either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic funds transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction. When we use information from your check to make an electronic funds transfer, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day as your check is received, and you will not receive your check back from your financial institution.
Wheaton College offers convenient, interest-free payment plans that spread semester costs into equal, monthly installments to be paid over the semester.
Plan enrollment is completed online in the Billing and Payment Gateway. Installments will be calculated using the net balance due at the time of enrollment. This will include known charges minus expected (estimated) financial aid. INSTALLMENT AMOUNTS MAY CHANGE over time if the student account balance changes due to new charges or credits.
Payment Plan Details
- A non-refundable enrollment fee of $40 per semester is added to your plan amount.
- Enrollment is for one semester only. You will need to enroll in a new plan each semester as needed.
- Automatic debit is required for all plans with two payment options.
- Electronic check (from checking or savings account) is FREE.
- Credit and debit cards are charged a non-refundable 2.85% bank fee per transaction.
- Enrollment deadline is one business day prior to the first scheduled payment date. Late enrollment may be available on some plans with missed installments due at the time of enrollment.
All payments that are returned by the bank for any reason will be assessed a return payment fee of $25.
A one-time $75.00 penalty will be charged if the account balance is not paid or enrolled in a payment plan by the semester due date. Additional late fees of 1.5% per month will also be assessed on any past-due balances.
Responsibilities and Reminders
Failure to log in and review the e-bill and account balance does not constitute a valid reason for not paying the balance on time. Students are responsible for notifying parents, or others that may be paying on their behalf, of account balances and dues dates.
Incomplete financial aid requirements will delay the release of funds, resulting in late charges and the inability to register for future semesters.
Students receiving outside scholarships are responsible for informing the scholarship organization of payment due dates. Students are responsible for payment if scholarship checks are delayed.
Enrolled students with unpaid balances greater than or equal to $1,000 are not permitted to enroll in future semesters and cannot request transcripts. Students who have graduated or are no longer enrolled at Wheaton College must have their balance paid in full to receive a transcript, get readmitted, or receive their diploma. Unpaid balances will continue to accrue late fees. Accounts with unpaid balances may be sent to a collection agency when the account is 180 days past due, and the student will be responsible for the student account balance, interest, late fees and collection fees. The balance will also be subject to credit bureau reporting in the student’s name. Please refer to the Financial Information section of the current Wheaton College Catalog for further details.