Academic Calendar Key Dates Fall 2020
- August 24: Graduate and transfer student orientation and registration
- August 25: Orientation and registration for first-year students
- August 26: Classes begin; drop/add begins
- September 1: Last day to add A-quad classes
- September 7: Labor Day-no classes
- September 8: Last day to add full-semester classes
- September 8: Last day to drop full-semester or A-quad classes without a W
- September 29: Last day to drop A-quad course with a W or elect pass/fail
- October 16: Last day of A-quad
- October 19: B-quad courses begin
- October 21: No classes
- October 23: Last day to add B-quad course
- October 30: Last day to drop B-quad course without a W
- November 2-6: Advising for Spring 2021 semester begins
- November 9-20: Advance registration for Spring 2021
- November 20: Last day of on-campus classes for the semester
- November 20: Last day to drop with a W or elect pass/fail for full-semester or B-quad courses
- November 23-27: Thanksgiving break
- November 30: Remote classes begin
- December 11: Last day of Fall classes-remote instruction
- December 14: Reading Day
- December 14-17: Final exams (Monday-late afternoon/evening courses only)
- December 18: Christmas break begins
(Fall and Spring semesters follow these guidelines; Summer varies.)
Quad Course: Half-semester course worth 2 credit hrs.
A quad: 8-week course running first half of a semester.
B quad: 8-week course running second half of a semester.
Full Semester: Course running full 16 weeks.