Wheaton Engineering Scholarships
Wheaton College offers four merit-based scholarships specifically for engineering students. Several students have also successfully applied from outside scholarships and grants. We are always willing to help you to prepare your application for these outside sources.
This merit-based scholarship is awarded to one incoming freshman interested in pursuing engineering. The scholarship is renewable for the second year of the program provided the student maintains good academic standing. The first recipient of this award was determined in Spring 2012.
Wheaton Engineering Scholars Award Recipients
- 2019-2020 - Nathaniel Barker, Mark Pupkiewicz, Luke Smith, Anne Wiebe
- 2018-2019 - Mark Pupkiewicz, Luke Smith, Anna Webster
- 2017-2018 - Emma Fisler, Cade Kamaleson, Anna Webster
- 2016-2017 – Cade Kamaleson, Rachel Kane, Benjamin Robbins
- 2015-2016 – Kathleen Johnson
- 2014-2015 – Colby Reyes, Kristen O'Brien
- 2013-2014 – Colby Reyes, Meryl Vannoy
- 2012-2013 – Meryl Vannoy
This merit-based scholarship is awarded to one third year engineering student completing his or her degree through the IIT joint program. The scholarship is renewable for the fourth and fifth years of the program provided the student maintains good academic standing.
Benton Family Scholarship Recipients
- 2019-2020 - Joshua Hutton, Kari Miller, Benjamin Sekutera
- 2018-2019 - Ann Lin, Kari Miller, Benjamin Sekutera
- 2017-2018 - Ann Lin, Kari Miller
- 2016-2017 – Sean Duke, Timothy Henry, Ann Lin
- 2015-2016 – Sean Duke, Timothy Henry, Young-Ho Moon
- 2014-2015 – John Bodett, Timothy Henry, Young-Ho Moon
- 2013-2014 – Young-Ho Moon, David Edgren, Katelyn Holmberg
- 2012-2013 – David Edgren, Katelyn Holmberg, Jaclyn Baker
- 2011-2012 – Dan Gardner, Jaclyn Baker, Katelyn Holmberg
- 2010-2011 – Jaclyn Baker, Damon Brown, Dan Gardner, and Jeremy Weirich
- 2009-2010 – Damon Brown, Dan Gardner, and Jeremy Weirich
- 2008-2009 – Damon Brown and Jeremy Williams
- 2007-2008 – Jeremy Williams
The William Lewis Shuster Jr Engineering Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship awarded to an incoming first year engineering student. The scholarship is renewable each year that the student remains in the engineering program pending good academic performance. For more information see Shuster Scholarship.
George D. Yoggy, a Wheaton College student from 1956 - 1958, became a leader in tunnel and mine construction. This scholarship commemorates George’s life and work. The scholarship will continue through at least 2020, to be awarded to a sophomore or junior declared engineering major whose studies are applicable to the heavy construction industry. The scholarship is administered by The Moles (www.themoles.net), an organization that supports engineers, and engineering students, in the heavy construction industry. For more information see Yoggy Scholarship.
The Wheaton Engineering Scholars Award and Shuster award are given annually to promising incoming freshman engineering students. Both awards can be renewed pending good academic performance.