Lynn Cooper, Ph.D.
Professor of Communication Emerita
On Faculty since 1978
- Areas of Expertise
- Professional Affiliations
- Courses Taught
- Selected Publications
Communication Competency in the Workplace, including:
- Applied Communication Research
- Managerial Listening
- Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
- Team Building
- Conflict Management
University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign)
Wheaton College (Illinois)
University of Illinois (Chicago)
- Assessment and Educational Technology
- Small Group Dynamics
- Organization Listening Competency
- Non-profit Consulting
- Central States Communication Assocation: member
- International Listening Assocation: member
- National Communication Association: member
- Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action: member
- Society for the Scientific Study of Religion: member
Managing dialectic tensions in the volunteer experience
Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Actions Chicago, IL, 2015.
Unequally yoked: Pastoral decision-making about church and community collaboration
Society for the Scientific Study of Religion Conference Washington, DC, 2017.
- Public Speaking (COMM 101)
- Fundamentals of Oral Communication (COMM 201)
- Communication and Diversity (Comm 223)
- Group Dynamics (COMM 362)
- Leadership (Comm 362)
- Organizational Communication (COMM 461)
- Senior Seminar (Comm 494)
Quantitative, qualitative, and applied communication research in the areas of:
- Organizational Listening Competency
- Small Group Dynamics
- Non-Profit consulting
- Assessment and educational technology
Scholar Spotlight: Pullman Park "Ethical contexts", in R. G. Heath and M. G. Isbell's Interorganizational collaboration: Complexity, ethics and communication, pp. 86-89. Long Grove, IL: Waveland Press. Cooper, L. O. 2017.
The Role of Storytelling in Effective Leadership, Evangelical Mission Quarterly
Cooper, L. O. 2016.
Assessment of Student Learning Gains in Oral Competency, Basic Communication Course Annual 28 Cooper, L. O., and Sietman, R. 2016.
WebGrader: An on-line instrument for evaluation and assessment of oral competency, Communication Teacher, Cooper, L. O. 2011.
Listening competency on campus: A psychometric analysis of student listening, International Journal of Listening, Cooper, L. O. and Buchanan, T. 2010.
What would a unified field of listening look like? A proposal linking past perspectives and future endeavors , International Journal of Listening, Bodie, G., Worthington, D., Imhof, M., and Cooper, L.O. 2008.