Benefit Partners Group
Through a partnership with Benefit Partners Group, Wheaton College students can access personal assistance enrolling in an individual Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois ACA health plan or United HealthCare individual short-term plan. Visit Benefit Partners Group Wheaton College website to learn more.
Wheaton Alumni in the Business
Connect with Wheaton College alumni insurance professionals to assist with insurance needs.
Visit HealthCare.gov to learn more about 2023 individual Marketplace plans.
To apply for or re-enroll in your Marketplace coverage, visit HealthCare.gov or call the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596.
Illinois Medicaid (open enrollment all year long). Ways to apply:
- Through the Health Insurance Marketplace®
- Illinois State Application for Benefits Eligibility 1-800-843-6154
- Dupage County Health Department is a local resource that can help when applying for Medicaid.
Non-ACA Short Term Temporary Health Insurance
- Students moving to Illinois from another state may not be eligible to apply until establishing Illinois residency. In some situations, a short-term limited duration (STLD) accident and illness policy may bridge the gap in the meantime. In Illinois, short-term policies can be no longer than six-months in duration. Short term policies have coverage limitations and do not cover pre-existing conditions.
- eHealth Online resource for multiple short-term plans