Apply to receive financial support for your unpaid summer internship using Wheaton’s Common Internship Scholarship Application.
Internships are a critical part of career exploration, preparation, and success. In fact, Gallup has discovered that undergraduate students who completed internships were twice as likely to be engaged in their future jobs. Also, research shows completing an internship increases a student’s odds of receiving a job offer after graduation.
Wheaton College believes all students should have the opportunity to complete at least one internship while in college. And because summer is a prime opportunity to complete an internship, offices/centers across Wheaton’s campus offer awards to make unpaid internships more affordable.
Internship Common Application Scholarships
The purpose of the CVC Internship Scholarships is to provide funding for class of 2022, 2023, and 2024 undergraduate students to supplement an unpaid or underpaid summer internship experience.
- Must have Wheaton undergraduate student status during summer 2021.
- You must have secured or actively be in the process of securing an internship when you submit your application. Final awards will not be disbursed until the internship is confirmed with documentation.
- You must be a student in good standing with the college. Students with ongoing disciplinary concerns, academic probation, or chapel probation are ineligible.
- Students doing international internships will be required to have completed all necessary steps as prescribed by GPS.
- HNGR students are not eligible for this scholarship award because of the availability of funds through the HNGR program.
- Students completing internships or research on-campus or where the employer would be Wheaton College are not eligible for funding.
- Friday, March 19 @ 11:59PM – Application and Faculty/Staff Recommendation deadline
- Early April – Scholarship Awards announced
- Late April – Signed Acceptance Contract Due
- TBD – Maximizing your Summer Internship Virtual Workshop (required attendance)
- June – Funds Disbursed
- Fall 2021 - Internship Debrief/Presentation Event (required attendance)
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- Scholarships will be awarded on a sliding scale, meaning students can apply for up to $4,000 for an unpaid or underpaid internship experience. Students will need to justify their request for funds with a simple budget that will be completed in this application.
- Applications will be evaluated based on financial need as well as the merit of the internship experience as it relates to exploration and career competency development. Students who identify as belonging to any population that may experience limited access to internship opportunities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Internships must be a minimum of 240 on-site hours AND 6 weeks in length.
- The internship does not need to be completed for credit, but can be, to qualify for this scholarship.
- Scholarship awardees are required to complete the myInternship curriculum (~1 hr/week) while completing their summer internship.
- If you have additional questions, please see our FAQs.
Awarded to up to two Wheaton students completing a for-credit internship focused on global health. Preference given to students who express a vocation interest in the field of global health and have financial need. Students are responsible to provide a short report on their experiences to the committee. Currently, the total award is worth $7,000, which may be split between two students.
- Wheaton student must be completing a for-credit internship focused on Global Health.
- Preference is given to applicants with a strong vocational interest in the field of global health and demonstrates financial need.
- Qualified applicants must be enrolled as a Wheaton College student while completing the internship.
The application and recommendation form must be submitted by Friday, March 19, 2021, at 11:59PM.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
Applicants completing international internships are required to complete or have completed a GoGlobal application for their associated internship and be registered for an Academic internship or No-credit (Scholarship Only) internship. Grant funds will not be disbursed until ALL internship application requirements are complete on GoGlobal. Wheaton College strongly recommends that you stay up to date on cautions about COVID-19 on the GPS/GoGlobal website.
Students interested in theoretical and practical aspects of political economy are invited to apply for the FPE Intern awards. Internships should fit within the mission of the Center, which seeks to train students in the understanding of market economies, representative democracies, limited government, and the redeeming effects of the Christian worldview on the practice of business, government and politics.
- Alignment with the purpose stated above.
- Internships must be a minimum of 6 weeks. If for credit, must comply with departmental requirements
- Application deadline for Summer 2021 is Friday, March 19, 2021 at 11:59PM.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS:
Students already receiving financial aid from the College need to contact student financial services to see how this scholarship would impact their reward package. Also, Wheaton College strongly recommends that you stay up to date on cautions surrounding COVID-19 found on the GPS/GoGlobal website.
Other summer internship/research scholarships available through Wheaton College:
- Dr. Norman Ewert Business/Economics Travel Fund
- Hayes Global Ministry Internship Fund
- James G. Dixon Junior Award
- James M. Lane Outdoor Leadership Scholarship
- Wheaton Center for Faith, Politics, and Economics Scholars Program