Assistant Professor of English
On Faculty since 2019
Florida Atlantic University (Expected 2019)
Doctor of Philosophy in Comparative Studies: Diasporic Literature of the Americas (Caribbean and African American), Critical Race Theory, and Rhetoric/Composition
School of Criticism and Theory Institute, 2017
Florida Atlantic University
Master of Arts in English, Teaching and Writing Emphasis, 2010
University of Miami
Institute of Holocaust Studies Fellowship, 2001
Florida International University
Bachelor of Science in English Education, 1999
“Reweaving the Evaluative Tightrope: Writing, Revision, and College Freshmen.” College English Association. Upcoming: March 2019.
“Pruning the Ethnic Landscape: Pési or Perejil?” West Indian Literature Conference. October 5, 2018.
“Haiti’s Massacre River: Bridging the Great Divide.” College English Association. April 6, 2018.
“A Peace Accord between Past and Present? Danticat Revisits Hispaniola.” Caribbean Studies Association. June 5, 2017.
“Island Squalls of Indignation: The Rhetoric of Freedom in The History of Mary Prince.” College English Association. March 31, 2017.
“Sign, Syntax, and Syntagm: A Duplicitous Double Bind in The Human Stain.” Semiotic Society of America. October 1, 2016.
- Caribbean Studies Association
- College English Association
- Semiotic Society of America
- Modern Language Association
- Holocaust Studies Educator’s Certificate (University of Miami)
- Professional Educator’s Certificate (Florida Department of Education)
- FELI Certificate: Faculty Experiential Learning Institute (Academy for College Excellence)
- Online Course Development Certificate (Broward College)
- AP Language Certificate (College Board)
- AP Literature Certificate (College Board)
- CRISS Certificate: Creating Independence through Student-Owned Strategies (Dade County Public Schools)
Biographical information for Assistant Professor of English Dyanne Martin.