Internship Supervisor & Instructor in Christian Formation & Ministry Department and in the Center for Global & Experiential Learning
- Areas of Expertise
- Professional Affiliations
- Select Publications
- Contact Information
Wheaton College is truly my home. Since the summer of 2000, I have lived with my family in Smith-Traber Hall, where my wife, Kat, is the Residence Director. I homeschooled my two boys from 2006-2016, while also teaching in the CFM Department, starting in 2003. In brief, my vision for teaching and learning can be summed up in this phrase: love to learn; learn to love. I delight in adventuring with students through the joys and sorrows of life inside and outside the classroom. I also oversee international internships and teach in the Center for Global and Experiential Learning (GEL). I enjoy gardening, poetry, and art.
Wheaton College Graduate School
M.A., Educational Ministries, 2002
B.A., Christian Education and Ministry, 1997
- Christian Spiritual Practices
- Curriculum Design & Instruction
- Evaluation & Assessment
- Discipleship & Mentoring
- Intercultural Competency
- Vocational Discernment
- Practical Theology
- Society of Professors in Christian Education
- The Evangelical Theological Society
- Certified Dialogue Education Teacher with Global Learning Partners
- Qualified Intercultural Development Inventory Administrator
- Qualified Intercultural Development Conflict Style Inventory Administrator
- Certified Stephen Minister
"Affliction to Affection to Adoration"
Undergraduate Chapel, Wheaton College
"Dialogue Education: Teaching for Transformation"
Society of Professors in Christian Education
"Cultivating the Love for a Life of Prayer"
Wheaton College Junior Class Chapel, Wheaton College
"Intercultural Development & Communication Styles"
- Learning-Centered Curriculum Design and Pedagogy
- Discernment and Spiritual Formation
- Practical Theory of Vocation
- Intercultural Development
"Spiritual Formation & Soul Care in the Department of Christian Formation & Ministry at Wheaton College," co-authored with McRay, Barwegen, Karianjahi, Larson, Ribbe, Schwanda, Setran, & Wilhoit. Journal of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care - Volume 11, Issue 32, November 14, 2018.
"Book Review: Created & Creating: A Biblical Theology of Culture." Christian Education Journal: Research of Educational Ministry - Volume 14, Issue 2, November 2017.
"The Death of the Professor: A Case for Dialogue Education." Common Ground Journal, v11n2 45-50, spring 2014.
"Soul Projects: Class-Related Spiritual Practices in Higher Education," co-authored with Setran & Wilhoit. Journal of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care, Volume 2, issue 2: 153-178, fall 2009.
"WonderFold" monthly columnist for Folded Word Press.