What is the Wheaton College Summer Institute?
Deadline Extended to May 21
The deadline for applying for the Summer Institute has been extended to May 21st due to an increased interest.
The Wheaton College Summer Institute (WCSI) is a premier pre-college program where you'll join outstanding high school students like you for academic study, artistic expression, leadership training, and spiritual development with world-class Christian faculty -- all on the beautiful campus of Wheaton College. You'll even earn college credit. And you'll have a ton of fun.
Who Should Come to the Wheaton College Summer Institute?
The Wheaton College Summer Institute is perfect for you if you are an outstanding rising high school junior or senior looking for a pre-college summer program that will prepare you for college life and academic work, as well as offer opportunities to grow in your faith.
Experience life as a Wheaton College Conservatory student. Study with our faculty in private lessons, master classes, and chamber ensemble experiences, attend faculty recitals and student performances, and explore the Chicago arts scene.
What Makes the WCSI Stand Out from Other High School Summer Programs?
Unlike some college summer programs for high school students, the WCSI offers you the chance to actually live on campus and immerse yourself in the college experience - including staying in a residence hall, attending events and lectures, eating in our top-ranked dining commons, and learning in person from excellent Wheaton College faculty alongside students from around the world.
You can choose from an exciting menu of courses from a wide variety of academic disciplines such as
- Bible and theology
- natural sciences
- business and economics
- language studies
As a WCSI student, you'll receive:
- Guidance and support from our undergraduate admissions team on applying to college, completing your application, and writing effective college essays
- Financial Aid 101 training from our Student Financial Services team (parents are invited, too!)
- Skills and strengths assessments and guidance from a distinctively liberal arts perspective through Wheaton's Center for Vocation and Career
While at the WCSI, you'll take a college-level class with our exceptional faculty and get college credits that will give you a head start in your college journey.
If you are a rising senior participating in WCSI, you may apply for Wheaton College Admission through an expedited pre-early action application, and we’ll waive your application fee. You will also be notified of an admission decision through our Early Action I timeline!
All WCSI alumni who successfully pass their Summer Institute course, and ultimately apply and enroll to the College as a first-year freshman student, will receive a $500 WCSI Scholarship renewable for four years. This $2,000 scholarship will be in addition to any other Wheaton Academic Scholarship and/or grant that may be awarded.
WCSI is one of the best values you'll find for a college summer program for high school students. Unlike other programs, we offer an affordable, residential and in-person, distinctly Christian program, taught by faculty experts.
Explore two of Shakespeare's greatest plays with English and Arena Theater faculty, including a tour of the Batson Shakespeare Collection and a performance of the Chicago Shakespeare Theater.
Admission Requirements and Due Dates
- Currently a rising high school junior or senior
- Strong academic record (a transcript is required)
- Letter of recommendation
- Due date: Deadline extended to May 21
- Apply early to secure course selection
- Applicants should have their high school transcript sent to WCSI@wheaton.edu
Cost of the Wheaton College Summer Institute
The total cost for the Wheaton College Summer Institute is $2,100. This includes:
- Two weeks stay in a Wheaton College residence hall
- 38 meals in our top-ranked dining commons
- One College-level course with our renowned faculty and associated college credit hours
- Support from our knowledgeable staff for every part of your college application journey
- Automatic pre-early application to Wheaton College (pending successful program completion)
- Wheaton College application fee waiver
Scholarships are available for students who meet the following qualifications:
- You do not need to receive these benefits and need only to be eligible to receive them.
- You are enrolled in or eligible to participate in the federal free or reduced-price lunch program
- Your parent(s) qualified for an Earned Income Tax Credit in the most recently filed tax return
- Contact the Wheaton College Summer Institute Office for further information on providing verification of qualification
Wheaton College provides a COVID-safe living and learning environment so that our students can continue their studies on campus during the pandemic. At this time, Wheaton does not require but does encourage students to keep current with CDC vaccination recommendations. The WCSI will follow Wheaton College COVID-safe protocols, and we will update parents and accepted WCSI students closer to the summer session with any necessary details. We anticipate the public health situation will greatly improve by late spring and early summer.
Apply or Request Information
We invite you to join our mailing list to get the most up-to-date information about WCSI, or if you're ready, apply today!