- Go to the Sign Up page.
- Scroll down to select registration for Students or Alumni.
- Follow the prompts and fill in your information.
- Watch the web training and fill out the short quiz.
- Wait for the administer to approve you. You will receive an email once your account is ready.
- Navigate to the Sign In page.
- You will see some suggested connections. If those interest you, go ahead and reach out!
- Type in the upper search bar or go to Find>Search option in the left menu.
- Search by keyword or categories (Gender, Ethnicity, Student Activity, Career Fields, Nearest Metropolis, etc.). Choose the category in the left box, and your search in the middle box.
- You can add more categories to narrow your results.
- Example Searches:
- Alumni in the Chicago area who were involved in Concert Choir
- Women in Non-Profits who did HNGR
- African-American alumni working in business
- Click the Contact Adviser button.
- Add a message explaining who you are and why you would like to connect. For an example, see Students: First Messages.
- Wait for the potential adviser to respond and connect with others while you wait!
- Most alumni will respond within two to four days. If they don’t respond within a week, send a polite email reminder.