Complete Your Profile
Keeping your profile updated and complete shows that you are invested in Wheaton in Network and available to connect with others.
Be Present and Active
People join WiN with the intention and expectation of connecting, so please respond to any contact within three days. If you’re too busy for a season, you may temporarily pull yourself out of the search pool.
You can support your WiN connections in many ways:
- Motivator: Express belief and confidence in other’s abilities, and encourage trying new things.
- Resource: Teach and advise on how to make professional contacts, and introduce to new people, places, or ideas.
- Supporter: Encourage open and honest dialogue, and be a listener.
- Coach: Help others develop, and work to achieve, realistic and meaningful goals.
Here are some of the ways you can help others with WiN:
- Discuss how to prepare for particular career fields.
- Share information about a current event or issue in a career field.
- Schedule a shadow visit, if appropriate.
- Coordinate introductions to colleagues or other contacts.
Job Search Process
- Review a resume and/or cover letter.
- Be part of a mock interview.
- Discuss where to look for job/internships in specific fields.
- Connect newcomers to your church or community.
- Give advice on moving to your area (or moving in general). What worked for you?