Vanguards discover their purpose.
These milestones mark significant conversations in what we call our vocational discernment process. Every part of the Vanguard Gap Year informs this. Read on to explore how this happens.
- The Sacredness of Work – We start by reframing commonly held beliefs about work and vocation.
- Understanding Self – What does it mean to be uniquely created by God and rooted in Christ? Vanguards examine their strengths, limits, personal values, weaknesses, challenges, and passions to gain a better picture of who they are.
- Understanding the World We Live In – We have to understand the challenges and struggles of the world we live in and how we can use our gifts, passions, and talents to build the kingdom of God here on earth.
- Practicing in the Present – Vocation isn’t just a future thing – it’s in the here and now. Vanguards explore how they can live out their vocational callings in the present.
- Making Choices – You can’t just think about the future! Discovering and living out your vocation means making decisions and choosing a path. It doesn’t have to be filled with anxiety…your decisions can be freeing!