We're excited to connect with you!
Vanguard really begins to come alive when you talk with current staff, students, and Vanguard alumni. We hope you're able to join us with one of the following events to build a vision for life as a Vanguard.
Review the events below to find a time that works best for you!
Tue., May 26
8:00 - 9:00 pm Central
|Sign up for 5/26 to receive the link||not yet available|
Vanguard Info Events: Frequently Asked Questions
Learn about Vanguard from the comfort of your home!
Attending a webinar is a great way to get an initial look at the program and ask your questions (which are easy to ask with the chatbox!)
The webinar begins with a 30-40 minute overview of Vanguard and how it fits into the general gap year movement. We talk about why the gap year movement is on the rise, what colleges think about gap years, and common myths that need to be debunked. You'll also hear about Vanguard specifically. We'll talk about how the year is organized, what a day in the life looks like, and where Vanguards go after the year is over.
Let us know you're coming! While registration is not required you can use the link below to let us know you're coming. You'll receive an email reminder on the day of the event that includes the link to the webinar.
While similar to our webinars in content, the Vanguard session during the Fridays at Wheaton event offers a chance to connect in person. Held on Wheaton College's campus, the 45-minute presentation takes place in the Welcome Center. You'll hear an overview of the gap year movement, learn about Vanguard, and have an opportunity to ask questions.
While you can walk into the Vanguard session, we strongly encourage attending the full Fridays at Wheaton event. You'll gain a great peek into the Wheaton College undergraduate experience!
- To attend the full Fridays at Wheaton event, use the link below to register.
- To attend the Vanguard session, no registration is necessary.
It varies by event:
- Webinar - If you want to receive an email reminder on the day of the event, use the link to sign up. If you want to join at the stated start time, use the "live event" link.
- Fridays at Wheaton Information Session - If you are planning on attending just the Vanguard information session, you can walk in, no registration necessary.
- Fridays at Wheaton - If you want to attend the whole Fridays at Wheaton event (we hope you will!) please use the registration link for the day that works best with your schedule to let us know you're coming.
We hope to see you at one of these events!