Returning parents, the information shared on these pages will help you and your student know what fall 2020 will look like and how to plan and prepare for another successful year at Wheaton.
Know Before You Go
If you're wondering what campus life will be like this fall, we invite you to watch the COVID-Safe, Thunder-Strong (re)Orientation Course. This course includes tutorials developed for students coming to campus this fall. Each tutorial will help you visualize how students will experience life together as safely as possible and what commitments students have been asked to make to each other and to every member of the Wheaton community.
Students should not take the course on this website. Instead, students need to log in to Schoology (lms.wheaton.edu) and look for the COVID-Safe, Thunder-Strong (re)Orientation course in their course dashboard. Progress will be recorded within the Schoology course.
Parent Town Halls
Parents can attend virtual Parent Town Hall Meetings with President Ryken and senior leadership. These online events provide an opportunity for parents to hear an update from the College and to ask questions about fall 2020.
Session 1: View recorded event from the July 30th session.
Session 2: Attend the live event on Monday August 17, 4:00-5:00 p.m. CDT.
Session 3: Attend the live event on Thursday September 17, 5:30-6:30 p.m. CDT
This year, more than most, will be full of challenges and rewards. As a reminder, Wheaton offers many resources to help your student. Below is a list of available resources:
- Student Health Services
- Academic Assistance
- Residence Life
- Spiritual Life
- Counseling Center
- Support for international students
Campus Tours and More
- If you are missing Wheaton, take a campus tour and see how campus continues to change and grow.
- Learn more about Wheaton's genuine integration of faith and learning.
- Read our mission statement.
We'll keep you up-to-date on campus happenings in a variety of ways. Here's how we'll stay in touch:
- Regularly visit wheaton.edu/parents.
- ePartnerships is our regular newsletter for parents. As a parent, you will automatically receive an email letting you know when the most recent issue is published, and you can also read ePartnerships online anytime.
- Parent Facebook Group Current parents are eligible to join the Wheaton College Parent Facebook Group where parents enjoy sharing photos, encouraging one another, and receiving important campus updates.
- Watch chapel. Student chapel services are live-streamed and available for parents to watch and enjoy.
- Questions? Email email@example.com or call us at 630.752.5047.