Posted February 3, 2021 by Wheaton College Parent Engagement
Tags: Parent Announcements
Please review the following notification that was sent to students earlier today. This communication outlines the eight-step move-in process and provides details about how your student can complete their first on-campus COVID-19 test.
Thank you for your continued prayers for our students and the health and safety of the entire Wheaton community. We can’t wait to welcome your student back to campus!
The Parent Engagement Team
We are counting down the days until you arrive back to campus to start in-person learning on February 8. As you prepare to come back to campus, we wanted to review some of our COVID-Safe, Thunder Strong protocols related to testing.
This semester, when you return to campus we are not requiring a negative COVID-19 test immediately upon arrival. Rather, we are pleased to offer a rapid-results, non-invasive saliva test for undergraduate students who live either on and off campus. Below you’ll find a step-by-step process for checking-in this semester and completing your first test:
- Step 1: Sign up here for a test time on either Saturday,February 6th or Sunday, February 7th prior to arriving on campus.
- Step 2: Complete your Spring Semester 2021 Schoology tutorial and sign the COVID-Safe, Thunder-Strong Commitment prior to arriving on campus, and be prepared to show your completion of the course on the grade screen at check-in.
- Step 3: When you arrive in Wheaton, please quarantine in your living space prior to your testing time.
- Step 4: Do not eat, drink, or put anything in your mouth at least one hour prior to your test time in order to provide a valid saliva sample.
- Step 5: Note that you may arrive at any time during your testing hour. (In fact, spreading out your arrival time during that hour will likely reduce your wait time).
- Step 6: When you arrive for your test, you will be given a COVID-Safe, Thunder Strong blue wristband which will grant access to housing, dining, and academic buildings. (If your COVID test is positive, we will trade your blue wristband for a yellow one while you isolate).
- Step 7: After taking the saliva test, please quarantine in your living space until you’ve received email confirmation of your negative test.
- Step 8: Sign your SafeGuard Electronic Consent here, which enrolls you in the mandatory weekly testing program.
*If you've arrived early to campus, look for an email about picking up your additional testing supplies soon.
Sign up for a testing time here.
Sign your SafeGuard Consent here.
Grace and Peace,
COVID-19 Leadership Team