Posted February 5, 2021 by Wheaton College Parent Engagement
Tags: Parent Announcements
The following notification was sent to undergraduate students earlier today with some important things to keep in mind as students return to campus this weekend.
The Parent Engagement Team
Dear Campus Community,
We look forward to in-person classes beginning Monday, Feb. 8. Our faculty and staff feel blessed to be in Christian community again with our students! Here are some important things to keep in mind as we pivot back to campus for the spring semester:
Some students may still be in quarantine awaiting test results during their first day or two of classes. Students waiting for their entry test results should plan to attend classes remotely (while in quarantine on campus) until they receive confirmation that their COVID test is negative.
- We are pleased to report that the State of Illinois COVID-19 safety guidance is changing for our region to “Unmitigated Phase 4.” Please note that all masking and distancing requirements remain the same. Thankfully, larger group numbers are allowed, including the following:
- Limit to the lesser of 50 people or 50% of room capacity
- Multiple groups may meet in the same facility if they are socially distanced and in separate rooms
- Groups should remain in place for the duration of a meeting or event.
- We are pleased to announce new, extended library hours. Beginning Monday, February 8, the library will be open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to midnight, Fridays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. We hope students will be glad to hear their request for longer library hours has been heard and granted.
- The weather during move-in weekend is going to be extremely cold, possibly subzero. When moving into your campus housing, it is important not to prop open doors or room windows, which could result in freezing or bursting pipes. If you experience any weather-related flight delays, please email email@example.com to coordinate your arrival and entry testing plan.
Finally, we hope everyone enjoys an exciting Super Bowl matchup this Sunday! Just be careful to mask and distance according to public health guidelines.
Grace and peace,
COVID-19 Leadership Team