Posted August 16, 2021 by Wheaton College Parent Engagement
Tags: Parent Announcements
Dear New and Transfer Parents,
We’re almost there! Here are a few details to help you prepare for your time on campus:
- Download the Wheaton Orientation App which has all the important information you’ll need to successfully navigate Orientation. If you want to download the app to your mobile device, go to the website, click the orange “Download the guide” button, and follow the instructions from there.
Please note: if you are not in the Central Time Zone, schedules in the app will reflect your current time zone and not local Wheaton time. The app will update to Wheaton/Chicago time when you enter the Central Time Zone.
- When you arrive on campus, stop by one of the Parent Welcome Tents, located across the street from Fischer Residence Hall and on the front lawn of Smith-Traber Residence Hall, where you can pick up your nametag (your ticket to the Orientation Family Picnic), the journal you’ll give your student on Saturday, a bottle of water, and other Orientation materials. The Parent Welcome Tents are open:
- Thursday, August 19: 12 noon - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 20: 9:00 am. – 5:00 p.m.
Start thinking now about what you would like to write in the journal. If you are not able be on campus for Orientation, send your word of encouragement, scripture passage, or written prayer to email@example.com and we will print it out and include it in your student’s journal. Please include your name, and your student’s first and last name, and send to us by Wednesday, August 18.
- Arrival time for Passage students: Passage students are scheduled to arrive on campus at approximately 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 19. Buses will drop students off in front of the Chrouser Sports Complex and parents are invited to meet them there. See the campus map.
- Everyone, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to follow the Wheaton College Face Covering Policy to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus. All students, staff, and guests are required to wear a face covering when inside a Wheaton College building.
- Just a few more things:
- Find information about transportation, lodging, and parking, and download the campus map.
- Find contact information for campus offices.
- View the full schedule of Student and Parent Orientation activities.
- Take a look at the local weather forecast.
May God’s grace and blessing be upon you as you travel. We’ll see you soon!
Cindra Stackhouse Taetzsch ’82
Senior Director for Vocation and Alumni/Parent Engagement