We seek out positive stories about Wheaton and work to share them through the media by publishing content on the Newsroom, distributing Wheaton stories to other media outlets, and monitoring media coverage to locate stories about Wheaton.
Promoting Your Events
In order to promote your on-campus event to off-campus audiences, make sure your event space is reserved in 25Live. When you make your reservation, please include a complete event description and check the 'display on public events calendar' box. After your event space has been reserved on 25Live with a complete event description, it will be:
- Posted to Wheaton's events calendar
- Considered for inclusion in Wheaton's printed events calendar, which is published 4 times per year and distributed to 30,000 homes in Wheaton and Glen Ellyn
- Posted to online community events calendars
Although we can publish events on Wheaton's online events calendar at any time, in order to consider your event for inclusion in the printed calendar, we must have your complete event information and description several months prior to the event.
If you have questions about writing a complete event description, contact email@example.com. For 25Live questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd like to create posters or other printed materials for your event, contact Marketing Communications' Design team at 630.752.5647.
Share Your News with Media Relations
Media Relations is a part of Wheaton's Marketing Communications department. When you share your news with Media Relations, we will work with the rest of the Marketing Communications department to determine the best outlet for your news and may be in touch to gather more information. The earlier you share your news with us, the better we are equipped to work with you to develop rich content and a good home for your story. Contact us when:
- You have an idea for story about a Wheaton student, faculty or staff member, program, or center
- You want to share a professional accomplishment of a member in your department
- You or a colleague have recently published research
- You are available to make a professional comment or share background information about a story that is currently making headlines