Responding to COVID-19 Changes
For enrolled students remaining in the United States
- LewerMark International Student Insurance for spring is active until July 31, 2020 as long as the student remains an active Wheaton College student.
- For visits to medical providers in the U.S., the Wheaton College LewerMark Student Insurance information printed on the ID card should be presented to the medical provider. To print an ID card log in at LewerMark and select “Print Your ID Card.” Selecting a First Health network provider will provide the best coverage.
- In-person visits with a Student Health Services provider are available if pre-arranged M-F between 8:00-4:30 p.m. through NM MyChart scheduling, phone 630-752-5072 and e-mail. The visits will be billed to the student’s account but reimbursed by LewerMark Student Insurance in the usual manner.
- For free online mental health counseling through Morneau Shepell provided by LewerMark, students may contact Morneau Shepell phone 866-743-7732 or download the free My SSP App.
For enrolled students returning to their home country
- Active Wheaton College students, may choose to remain enrolled in the LewerMark Student Insurance even if returning home. All students insured by LewerMark are eligible for up to $1,500 of covered services in their home country; these expenses are paid out of pocket by the insured, at the time of service, followed by a self-submitted claim to LewerMark for an out-of-network reimbursement to the insured. Students should request a copy of all records and receipts. LewerMark maintains the final decision on all claims.
- Coverage may be voluntarily terminated by the student based on the day of departure from the U.S. This will result in a prorated credit to the student’s account for the remaining days of the term through July 31, 2020.
Students who keep their LewerMark coverage through the end of the semester (May 8th, 2020) will not have the option of requesting a credit for solely the months of June/July.
- The following important considerations should be taken into account before terminating coverage:
If a currently enrolled student elects to terminate coverage now and returns to Wheaton in the fall, the student will be considered a new enrollee by LewerMark. The benefits will reset with a $5000 pre-existing condition cap on coverage for the first 6 months.
Pre-Existing Condition means either or both of the following:
1) an injury or sickness about which the Covered Person has consulted a Physician
2) had medicine prescribed
3) is receiving or has received medical care during the six-month period immediately preceding the Covered Person’s Effective Date of Coverage under the Policy; or
4) a pregnancy which originated prior to the Covered Person’s Effective Date of Coverage under the Policy. As stated on page 22 of the 2019-20 Brochure.
If you have been awarded a scholarship that covers the cost of the LewerMark Student Insurance, the scholarship may be adjusted according to the credit.
For more information regarding a student’s scholarship
For assistance, or to request termination of your spring coverage due to leaving the U.S. before the end of the semester, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to process this request please include
- the full legal name of the student
- the student’s Wheaton College ID number, and
- the student’s exact date of departure from the U.S.
Please allow two weeks to process your request.