Providing proactive and responsive care for all students to thrive holistically. We desire for each individual as well as the community to flourish by offering relevant resources and support to meet their needs.
Welcome to Student Care!
Student Care serves as the central point of contact for proactive, responsive, coordinated care and support for all Wheaton Students. It encompasses the emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual, physical, and mental health concerns of every student.
- Coordination and communication with faculty, staff and campus departments regarding student needs
- Developmental Care plans for self-care, self-advocacy and coordinated support
- Holistic empowerment during challenging times and difficult decisions
- Liaison support for hospitalizations
- Travel wellness assessment
- Provide information, workshops and programs to address current student care needs
- Available to faculty, staff, and students for workshops on best practices for how to refer, respond to and support student concerns
- Provide referrals for on and off campus resources
- Available to meet with students to work through concerns and process needs
- Serves as the Deputy Title IX and discrimination officer for all students
Support Service Partnerships & Resources:
- Wheaton College Counseling Center - 630.752.5321
- Academic and Disability Services - 630.752.5022
- Student Health Services - 630.752.5072
- Residence Life - 630.752.5427
- Public Safety Services - 630.752.5911
Individual appointments are available and can be scheduled with the Director by calling 630.752.5797 or by email.
Director of Student Care
B.S., Child Development & Leadership, Northern Illinois University, 1994
M.S., Marriage and Family Therapy, Northern Illinois University, 2003
Over the years, Carrie has served in various capacities as a mental health counselor, academic advisor, resource specialist, program developer, instructor, advocate, and administrator where God used those moments to prune, develop, mature, and equip her to be the intercessor that she is today. As the Director of Student Care, Carrie is dedicated to ensuring every student is thriving in their God given talent and abilities as they persist to graduation and beyond this campus.
Her goal is to meet students where they are in their development, inform them about the campus and community resources available, address their needs with viable options, offer comfort and guidance, advocate for them to receive the best-streamlined support during difficult times and ultimately connect them to Christ - the sustainer of all.
Carrie stands with her husband in an active leadership role as he serves as Pastor. Carrie is a caring and committed mother of three sons (3rd yr. college level, 12th grader, and a 6th grader). When she finds spare time - Carrie enjoys spending quality time with family watching great movies, singing and listening to gospel music, bowling, attending her sons' sports games, and laughing with friends.
Student Services Building Suite 212
Learn about the steps being taken by Wheaton to support students and create a safe campus community.