Welcome to the Learning and Accessibility Services (LAS) Office!
We're glad you're here.
LAS is a place for ALL students. We can help you enhance and enrich the way you learn and approach classes and also have resources if you have a learning, physical, or mental health need that impacts academics or campus life.
Through one-on-one strategic meetings and academic workshops/seminars you have the opportunity to develop new strategies, build existing skills, and figure out how you are uniquely wired in order to maximize your learning experience.
A series of workshops are offered each year that cover topics that are relevant to you- like time management, strategies for reading and note-taking, paper-writing and research, how to get the most out of your test preparation, overcoming procrastination and perfectionism and more!
You can make an individual appointment to identify your learning preferences/styles, best ways to study, receive academic support if you're struggling, and discuss campus accessibility and accommodations coordination.
- Academic counseling for all students
- Accommodation approval and services for students with documented learning, physical, or mental health needs. Screening assessment for potential learning challenges (ADHD, dyslexia etc.)
- Learning preference/style assessment
- Academic coaching and accountability
- Strategic learning improvement information
Additional Campus Support Services Available:
- Wheaton College Writing Center (x5565) Located on the first floor of Buswell Library, open during most library hours
- Tutoring for specific subjects (arranged by individual faculty or departments)
- Center for Vocation and Career (x5048)
- Wheaton College Counseling Center (x5321)
All of these services are available to students free of charge.
Appointments: Individual appointments are available with the Director or Graduate Student Assistants by calling 630.752.5615.
Learning and Accessibility Services Staff
Director of Learning and Accessibility Services