The following are links to topics which we think might be helpful or informative. They cover topics pertinent to college students, as well as informative links which may help you better understand a friend or family member.
- Anorexia Nervosa and Related Eating Disorders. A comprehensive page on the range of eating-disordered behavior--undereating, binge eating, overeating, compulsive exercise. Includes definitions, descriptions, statistics, warning signs, causes, treatment and recovery. Special section on athletes with eating disorders. Visit the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders website
Anxiety and Depression
- Depression and anti-depressant medications. Information on medications commonly used to treat depression. The website also contains broad information on depression including: Types, living with a depressed person, suicide, and non-drug therapies.
- Anxiety disorders. Helpful fact sheets related to panic, persistent anxiety, phobias, trauma responses, obsessive thinking, and compulsive behaviors. Visit the National Institute of Mental Health website
- Mental Illnesses. Supports individuals with mental health brain disorders, as well as their family members. Advocates for the understanding of mental illness. Information, local chapters, support groups. Visit the National Alliance of the Mentally Ill (NAMI) website
Substance Use Issues
- Science-based facts on drug abuse and addiction. NIDA - Drug abuse
- Research report on nicotine addiction. NIDA - Nicotine
- Frequently Asked Questions on alcohol abuse and alcohol. National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- A helpful resource website which defines various drug substances. Street Drugs