The Honduras Project operates year to year because of the generosity of others. The costs of travel and lodging are largely raised through Fall work projects, so donations to the project fund the water system itself.
To donate monetarily to the Honduras Project by check:
- Make check payable to "Wheaton College" with "Honduras Project" in the memo
- Send it to:Honduras Project
Wheaton, IL 60187
All contributions are tax deductible and you will receive a receipt by mail. The IRS will not consider contributions tax deductible, however, if the check references a student in any manner. Please enclose a note to indicate if you are supporting a specific student, as they will want to send you a response when we return.
If you would rather donate by credit card, follow these instructions:
- Visit Wheaton's online giving site
- Click on "Make a Gift Today"
- In "Designation Options" select the "Give to area(s) of your choice" option
- Under "Student Activities and Trips" select "Honduras Project"
- If you are giving on behalf of a certain student, please indicate their name in the "Gift Comment" box.
- Continue with the rest of the "Make a Gift" process.
If you have any questions or encounter difficulties, please direct emails to HondurasProject@gmail.com.
If you are interested in donating supplies please call or send us an email. Our contact information can be found here. Supplies that are needed year-to-year include:
- Bibles (Spanish language)
- Work gloves