Orientation 2020 Arrival Dates
Wheaton is closely monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic and is currently exploring how our orientation programs may need to shift to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved. If anything below changes, we’ll update this site at the end of July as well as send personal communication to all new students and their parents.
New students may move into their residence halls on August 19 between 4-8pm or August 20 between 9am-5pm (a few groups have pre-determined times to move in noted below).
Upon arrival, new students will check in at their residence hall lobby. You’ll be greeted by upperclass students called, “ThunderMovers” that will eagerly unload your car and transfer your belongings to your room. We are asking new students to coordinate staggered arrival times directly with their roommate so that only one family is moving in at a time.
Move-in will be focused on encouraging parents to Stop, Drop and Go. Students are limited to two guests to assist with moving-in. These guests will need to follow CDC face covering protocols and limit their time in the room to 3 hours maximum.
Residence Life staff will ensure that we maintain a 50-person maximum per floor by closely coordinating move in traffic.
Pre-determined move-in times for the following groups:
- International students (F-1 Visa/MK/TCK) - August 19 between noon-5pm
- Music majors - August 19 between noon-5pm
- First Generation college students - August 19 between noon-5pm
- Chicagoland/local students - August 20 between noon-4pm
- All transfer students living in campus apartments, check in at Public Safety first then move into your residence.