Resources for Alumni
We are here to serve alumni through job changes, graduate school, and major career transitions. Take advantage of the resources we offer, many of which can be accessed anytime, anywhere!
Please note: During the academic year, the CVC team works exclusively with current students and alumni that have graduated within the past two years. Because of this, we have plenty of online resources to help you find your next opportunity.
Resume Guide and Cover Letter Guides
The Center for Vocation and Career has created custom guides for students and alumni to use for resumes and cover letters. Find the guides here or in the Resources section of Handshake.
Handshake is the career platform for Wheaton students and alumni. As an alumnus/a, you can create a profile and search for job opportunities. Follow the instructions below to create an alumni account:
- Go to wheaton.joinhandshake.com.
- Enter your current email address and click "Next."
- Select "I'm a Student or Alumni."
- Handshake will prompt you to enter your my.wheaton.edu email address, but simply select "Register a New Account" to continue with any email address.
- We will approve your account within one business day.
Handshake is a robust platform and can make personalized recommendations based on your profile and searches. Create a rich profile to make the most out of the Handshake system.
Want to learn more about Handshake? Check out Handshake's support center for training videos, tips, and FAQs.
- For alumni who graduated within the past two years, you have access to our coaching team as though you are a current student. That means you can schedule an appointment using Handshake.
- For alumni more than two years out, you may meet with one of our coaches when current students are not on campus. To schedule an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our LinkedIn Resources and discover how you can leverage one of the world's most powerful online career platforms to land your next opportunity.
Wheaton in Network
Wheaton in Network (WiN) is an online platform connecting students and alumni for networking, mentoring opportunities, and advice. Join WiN and complete your profile so that students can search and connect with you. As an alumnus/a, you can also search for fellow alumni and connect with them. Search by career field, location, major, or even keyword - the possibilities are endless!