If you are interested in writing for or helping produce Sub-Creation, you are more than welcome to the team! Contact us and let us know if you would like to submit your work, help select content, design layout, read submissions, or a pleasant mixture of all of the above.
We would be honored if you chose to share your sub-creation with us. Please keep these guidelines in mind as you prepare your submission:
- We welcome submissions from any member of the Wheaton College community, whether student, faculty, staff, or alum. Only two pieces from any one author may be submitted per issue.
- For copyright reasons, we must limit our published selection to original characters and worlds only. Please, no fan-fiction or fan-art.
- While the journal's main emphasis is on fiction, we will also consider poetry, non-fiction, essay, and art for publication.
- The journal will only publish genre fiction. The genres included are:
- Science fiction
- We are interested in any mix of these or similar genres. If your piece falls under a genre we missed, please contact us and ask about it. We will most likely welcome your story!
- Short fiction is preferred, but chapters of longer stories may have the opportunity to be published serially.
- Essays and other non-fiction submissions may be on these genres themselves, authors who write in them, personal experiences with genres, reviews of popular works of genre fiction, etc.
- Art submissions must have as their main subject something to do with the target genres. Please submit your work as a high-resolution PDF.
- Fall semester - October 31
- Spring semester - March 30
We will accept submissions at any point during the semester, but only those submitted before the above dates will be considered for the current issue. Submissions should be e-mailed as attachments. If your piece is too big for an e-mail attachment, simply contact the same address for further instructions.