Whether you are looking to publicize for a special event, advertise for a special promotion or during a specific time of year, hire Wheaton College students or graduates, or get the word out about your business to the campus community, taking advantage of The Wheaton Record’s 3,000+ readership will help you reach your customer goals.
If you are interested in advertising with us, or have any questions, feel free to contact us.
The Wheaton Record
501 College Ave
Wheaton, IL 60187
Editor in Chief
What is The Wheaton Record?
- The Wheaton Record is a student-run campus newspaper read by students, faculty, staff, alumni, and parents.
- 2,000+ issues are distributed on campus free of charge and 120+ are mailed to paying subscribers.
- The Wheaton Record is an 11” x 17” tabloid-size newspaper ranging from 12 to 16 pages per issue.
- The Wheaton Record is published for a demographic of college students from 49 states and 37 countries.
- The Wheaton Record is published each Thursday when school is in session — 28 issues per year.
- Please contact The Wheaton Record for any inquiries regarding potential advertisements
Advertisement Sizing and Pricing for 2018-19
Our rates are calculated by size and type of organization:
Note: There is no additional tax.
There is a 10% discount for orders that are placed at least two weeks prior the desired publication date and paid within one week of publication. Please ask about our special discount for nonprofit organizations!
We also offer volume discounts:
- 3 insertions is an additional 10% off
- 4+ insertions is an additional 15% off
Please contact us to hear of any current promotional discounts. Email email@example.com to ask a question, receive a quote, or place an order.
Publication Schedule: 2018-2019
- August – 23, 30
- September – 6, 13, 20, 27
- October – 4, 11, 18
- November – 1, 8, 15, 29
- December – 6, 30
- January – 17, 24, 31
- February – 7, 14, 21, 28
- March – 7, 21, 28
- April – 4, 11, 18, 25
- May - 2
If you’re off-campus and would like to keep in touch with what’s happening at Wheaton, The Wheaton Record offers one-year subscriptions for $40 and two-year subscriptions for $70. Subscription requests and payment can be sent to the following address:
The Wheaton Record
501 College Ave.
Wheaton, IL 60187
- The Wheaton Record reserves the right to revise any of its advertising terms and rates without prior notice.
- The Wheaton Record does not guarantee the specific page placement of advertisements. Every attempt will be made to accommodate requests by advertisers.
- Advertisements must be submitted to The Wheaton Record at least four days prior to publication.
- The Wheaton Record reserves the right to refuse any advertisement for any reason, to restrict illustrations or copies and to verify the legitimacy of any claim made in an advertisement.
- Advertisements must be submitted in one of the following digital formats: .tiff; .jpg; .psd; .pdf
- The Wheaton Record will refuse to publish advertisements that unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, age, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, or physical handicap.
- Advertisements are preferred be submitted in black and white as we do not publish advertisements in color.
- Advertisement invoices will be mailed out by The Wheaton Record no later than one day after publication.
- The Wheaton Record will not publish advertisements that promote alcohol consumption, smoking, drug usage, gambling or pornography.
- Advertisement invoices include a cover sheet detailing the contract and two tear sheets of the published advertisement as a proof of purchase.
- The Wheaton Record reserves the right to place the phrase “Paid Advertisement” above any advertisement.
- Payment for advertisements must be made by either cash or check (“The Wheaton Record”).
- The Wheaton Record is not liable for any typographical or factual errors that appear in an advertisement. Any changes to an advertisement must be made in writing at least one day prior to publication.
- Payment for pre-paid advertisements must be received by The Wheaton Record prior to publication.
- The Wheaton Record assumes no responsibility for the content of the advertisements that it publishes. Advertisers must guarantee to indemnify The Wheaton Record against all damages flowing from the advertisement.
- Payment for advertisements must be received by The Wheaton Record no later than three weeks after publication.
- Payment will only be adjusted for any errors in an advertisement if the Advertising Manager is notified within 14 days of publication.
- The Wheaton Record reserves the right to decide not to publish any advertisement. If a non-published advertisement was pre-paid, payment will be returned within 7 days of expected publication.
- Receipts for payment will be made upon request.