If you are interested in writing for or helping produce Sub-Creation, you are more than welcome to the team! Contact us and let us know if you would like to submit your work, help select content, design layout, read submissions, or a pleasant mixture of all of the above.
We would be honored if you chose to share your sub-creation with us. Please keep these guidelines in mind as you prepare your submission:
- We welcome submissions from any member of the Wheaton College community, whether student, faculty, staff, or alum. Only two pieces from any one author may be submitted per issue.
- For copyright reasons, we must limit our published selection to original characters and worlds only. Please, no fan-fiction or fan-art.
- While the journal's main emphasis is on fiction, we will also consider poetry, non-fiction, essay, and art for publication.
- The journal will only publish genre fiction. The genres included are:
- Science fiction
- We are interested in any mix of these or similar genres. If your piece falls under a genre we missed, please contact us and ask about it. We will most likely welcome your story!
- Short fiction is preferred, but chapters of longer stories may have the opportunity to be published serially.
- Essays and other non-fiction submissions may be on these genres themselves, authors who write in them, personal experiences with genres, reviews of popular works of genre fiction, etc.
- Art submissions must have as their main subject something to do with the target genres. Please submit your work as a high-resolution PDF.
- Fall semester - October 31
- Spring semester - March 30
We will accept submissions at any point during the semester, but only those submitted before the above dates will be considered for the current issue. Submissions should be emailed as attachments. If your piece is too big for an email attachment, simply contact the same address for further instructions.