We aim to further the educational, spiritual, and relational development of the Wheaton College community as elected servant leaders representing student initiative, concern, creativity and enthusiasm. SG is the primary vehicle for all students at Wheaton to get involved with the governance of the College. Every enrolled student is welcome to participate in the Student Government.
What We Do
Wheaton Student Government includes two main groups: the executive cabinet that sits on campus-wide committees and class councils (a council for each class). Both the executive cabinet and class councils are composed of elected students, although the executive cabinet has representatives from across the College and broadly addresses student concerns, while class councils are focused more on student issues within their particular class. Students may join or be appointed to various committees throughout the College that focus on the following topics:
The College Life Committee provides services, educational programming, and works on long-term policy initiatives to improve students’ out-of-classroom experiences. College Life facilitates and promotes excellence in residence life, athletics, student services, community development, campus maintenance, and stewardship.
Global and Experiential Learning
The Global and Experiential Learning Committee provides services, educational programming, and works on long-term policy initiatives to encourage students’ pursuit of international learning, connections, and service opportunities that are in the interest of a global context.
The Educational Policies Committee provides services, programming and works on long-term policy initiatives to improve issues such as curriculum, academic departmental affairs, faculty issues, learning resources (library), and many other educational needs that surface on a given year.
The Community Diversity Committee provides educational programming and works on long-term policy initiatives pertaining to areas of racial, ethnic, socioeconomic and theological diversity, specifically in representing these policy issues to the faculty and administration.
Technology and Finance
The Technology and Finance Committee provides services and works on long-term policy initiatives pertaining to issues such as financial aid, college budgeting and spending, endowment, buildings and facilities, the use of technology and college policy regarding technology, and allocation of funds to special interest groups on campus.
The Student Care Committee provides educational programming and works on long-term policy initiatives pertaining to physical and mental health, spiritual well-being, academic support services, disabilities services, and a host of other issues surrounding personal wholeness.
The Campus Sustainability Committee provides educational programming and works on long-term policy initiatives pertaining to sustainable facilitation of waste, energy usage, and academic programs that engage students about the impact of their global environmental footprint and the ethics of Creation Care.
2018-2019 Student Government Board
- Lauren Rowley - Student Body President
- Tyler Waaler - Student Body Vice President
- James Sorensen - Senior Class Officer
- Ellis Berend - Senior Class Officer
- Meredith Eades - Junior Class Officer
- Clara Leo - Junior Class Officer
- Abigail Chen - Sophomore Class Officer
- Diego Hernandez - Sophomore Class Officer
- Blake Chaput - Freshman Class Officer
- Hayden Sledge - Freshman Class Officer
- Sammie Shields - EVP of Community Diversity
- Jeein Youn - EVP of Educational Policies
- Hailey Kramer - EVP of Finance & Technology
- Christy Kim - EVP of College Life
- Grace Milligan - EVP of Student Care
- Chloe Zhou - EVP of Global Engagement
- Chelsey Giesz - EVP of Campus Sustainability
- Rebecca Carlson - Administrative Manager
- Claire Fromke - Public Relations Manager
- Ian Burke - Business & Services Manager
2018-2019 Student Government Office Hours: Monday 7-8pm, Thursday 8-9pm; Student Activities Office