Dates: August 8-23, 2018 | Program Fee: $795 |
Your adventure begins on August 8th when you meet your leader and small group at Wheaton College. You will travel together on coach buses to one of three wilderness experiences:
- Sea kayaking around the Apostle Islands of Wisconsin
- Canoeing in the Boundary Waters of Minnesota
- Backpacking in the Sawtooth Mountains of Minnesota or the Superior Hiking Trail in Minnesota
Activities may also include rappelling, team building and a solo experience. The length and remote nature of your trip provides experiences in community, personal growth, and creation. Previous wilderness or camping experience is not necessary to successfully complete this trip.
All tracks converge on August 18th at HoneyRock for several days of small group discussions with Wheaton College faculty, service projects in the local community, and activities. On August 23rd, all Passage students will travel back to Wheaton in time for on-campus orientation.
During Passage, students are enrolled in CE 131: Introduction to Spiritual Formation and . Students will complete reading and writing assignments before and after coming to HoneyRock as part of the course experience.
Selection of wilderness trips is completed as follows:
- Student requests trip preferences during the registration process - these will be honored on a first come first serve basis, unless there is a medical circumstance that prevents a student from participating in one of the tracks.
- The Wilderness Track has limited spots due to staffing, equipment, permit availability and safety regulations. If, after the Wilderness track becomes full, you would like to be put on the waitlist for the wilderness track, you should register for the Northwoods track and then complete a second registration for the Wilderness track. When you get to the end of the wilderness registration you will be notified that you have been put on a waiting list. Every year we have students drop out or switch tracks and students are able to move off the waitlist. See instructions for getting on the waitlist here.
If you have questions about this track or need assistance in the registration process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.