Family Day at HoneyRock
Helping parents transfer the learning back home
After reviewing feedback from last summer, we're hard at work reimagining and refining Family Day for everyone! Please check back in the Spring to get a peak into the new and improved Family Day experience! What follows is general information to help you plan your trip.
As a parent you have made a great investment by sending your child to HoneyRock this summer. Participating in Family Day is how you maximize your investment. You will learn ‘hands on’ what happened in your child’s life this summer as you experience life at HoneyRock for the day. Camp is a powerful and transformational event partly because it happens outside of the home environment and permanent system. However, campers need help transferring those lessons back home. Parents and caregivers are the primary transfer agents for the campers. It is your role to help your children figure out how to bring the learning and life change from the temporary community back home (the "permanent" community). Coming to Family Day will help you experience what has happened in the life of your child(ren).
Summer 2018 Dates
Below you will find 2018 Family Days for each program. Please note that departure is the day after Family Day. This final night as a cabin is incredibly important as campers reflect and celebrate their experience with one another - for this reason, campers are not allowed to return home until the following morning. All Family Days begin at 2:00, unless otherwise noted.
- Friday, June 22: Intro Camp
- Thursday, July 5: Res Camp 1, Advance Camp 1, Voyageur 1
- Friday, July 13: Day Camp*
- Thursday, July 19: Res Camp 2, 2:22, Venture, Voyageur 2
- Thursday, August 2: Res Camp 3, Advance Camp 2
- Friday, August 3: Service Team & Assistant Counselors
*Day Camp Family Day begins at 4:30 pm.
There is no charge for participation in Family Day. Please register to attend the event - this will help us to plan accordingly for your arrival!
Access Your Account > Sign In > Register > A Family > Follow the Prompts!
This day is designed for the entire family—younger siblings are especially invited to come enjoy the day. For several hours the camp activity areas and facilities are open for your child to show you around and share their camp experience with you. Families are invited to participate in many of these activities so dress accordingly. You will also meet one-on-one with your child’s counselors to hear from them what has happened in your child’s life. After a picnic dinner, parents will have the opportunity to hear about the mission and philosophy of HoneyRock’s programs.
- For everyone's protection, we do not allow dogs or other pets at HoneyRock. Thank you for helping us uphold that policy.
- HoneyRock is "a place apart" and we ask people not to use cell phones in the main areas of camp. While we understand that your work may require you to be accessible by cell phone, please take advantage of this opportunity to unplug and fully engage in the HoneyRock experience.
Parents (or other pre-authorized persons) need to pick up their campers on the morning after Family Day promptly at 7:45 am. Please do not expect to take your camper home with you after Family Day. This last night includes meaningful final cabin activities for your children.
Is a grandparent, friend, or neighbor picking up your camper from HoneyRock or the HoneyRock bus? Please see our Transportation page to fill out the mandatory Transportation Authorization Form.
Hotels fill quickly during the summer so we recommend making your reservations early. HoneyRock has very limited accommodations available with a minimum 2-night stay for the summer season. You may call our Receptionist (715-479-7474 x201) for information and housing availability at HoneyRock during Family Day weekends. Only full-week cabin reservations (Saturday-Saturday) are taken prior to April 15. Please refer to the local websites/phone numbers below for hotel information:
- Eagle River Chamber of Commerce: (800) 359-6315
- Rhinelander Chamber of Commerce:(715) 365-7464
- Three Lakes Information Bureau: (715) 546-3344
- St. Germain Chamber of Commerce: (715) 477-2205
We are looking forward to having you join your child in the Family Day celebration!