Each spring, the Graduate Student Council holds an election to determine the next year's GSC members. Graduate students from various programs are nominated by peers, faculty, and staff. A student must meet the following requirements to be nominated:
- a currently enrolled, degree-seeking, in-person graduate student
- be in good academic and financial standing with the College at the time of election and throughout the term
- must not be graduating before expiration of term that is sought*
- able to fulfill position duties over the course of their term including attendance at required meetings, presence at events and holding office hours
* we recognize that there are degree programs that end mid-year; on a case-by-case basis, the Council will determine eligibility in the event that a student is nominated with a mid-year graduation date
During the voting process, nominees will be grouped by school and students will vote between nominees from each school. Nominees who receive the majority vote will be elected on to the Council. Individual positions (Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Communications Chair, and Representative(s) at large) will be voted on internally by the Council once elected.
Questions? Reach out to Manuel Rim, GSC Chair and Election Commissioner at email@example.com
About once a month, GSC hosts coffee breaks for graduate students to spend time with one another over free drinks and snacks. We hope to see you there!