- Non-North American (U.S. & Canada) citizenship
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college/university or equivalent (BA degree).
- Completion of at least two years full-time Christian service in student's homeland context.
- Affiliation with a Christian organization or national denomination which will endorse the student's study plan and support the return to ministry upon completion of MA studies.
- Commitment to return to one's Christian organization or national denomination upon graduation.
- Healthcare workers: Internationals who are professionally active and meet the above requirements.
- Loan/scholarship. For each year the recipient serves in ministry outside of North America after the completion of MA studies, 25% of the loan is forgiven and becomes a scholarship. If the recipient does not return to his/her ministry and homeland, the amount of funding that was provided, as well as interest, must be repaid.
- The base award includes tuition and insurance. Additional funds may be received for living expenses based on need.
- Students are responsible for transportation costs to and from Wheaton, dependent expenses, and a portion of their remaining budget.
- Complete a Preliminary Eligibility Form after July 1. Eligibility cannot be determined before this. If you are considered eligible, you will be sent an application packet.
- The deadline for submitting scholarship application materials is December 1 of the year prior to which you seek to be admitted into Wheaton College Graduate School.
- Complete files of candidates who meet the requirements for this award and who are accepted into the Wheaton Graduate School are reviewed and evaluated in late February.
- Those selected for awards receive immediate notification.
- Scholarship applications and Graduate School admission should proceed at the same time. Materials are not interchangeable.
Before you can apply, you must first submit a Preliminary Eligibility Form to our office. This form is not an application form. It is a screening tool designed to help us determine if you are eligible to apply for a BGC Scholarship.