This is an example. Please note that the most current and official curriculum information is found in our Course Catalog. The program includes two semesters at Wheaton along with participation in a six-week excavation in Israel during the summer, either prior the first semester or after the second semester.
Degree Requirements (36 hours)
ARCH 525. Archaeological Field Work (8 hours)
Summer excavation opportunities are offered only during select summers. Please note upcoming excavation season information:
- *Summer 2020. Excavation Season canceled due to COVID-19*
- Summer 2021. Excavation Season
- ARCH 521. Advanced Old Testament Archaeology/Syria-Palestine (4)
- BITH 508. Intro to Hebrew Exegesis (4)
- BITH 524. Introduction to Hermeneutics (2)
- BITH 525. OT Hermeneutics (2)
- BITH 565. Christian Theology (4)
- BITH 635/636. Hebrew Exegesis (4)
- ARCH 554. Topics in Archaeology (4)
One of the following courses:
- ARCH 569. Religions of Israel and the Ancient Near East (4)
- ARCH 565. International Relations and Statecraft in the Ancient Near East (4)
Note: The Hebrew pre-requisite can be taken concurrently with the M.A. if necessary and will add at least one semester to the program.
Old Testament Archaeology Comprehensive Exam Study Guide
Comprehensive Exams are offered twice each academic year. Students must register for BITH 692, Comprehensive Exam, in the semester in which they plan to take the exam.
OT Archaeology Graduate Comprehensive Exam Study Guide