Applying to the Wheaton College Graduate School
Learn more about the admission requirements and application deadlines for the M.A. in Leadership at the Wheaton College Graduate School.
The formal application deadline for all international applicants is January 1st.
United States (Citizen, Permanent Resident, National) Applicants
The M.A. in Global Leadership program will continue to review completed applications after June 15th on a rolling basis. Please note that decisions after the June 15th date are dependent upon registration availability. We encourage following the deadlines below to enhance your application experience.
Early Action Application: Apply by November 15th to receive an admissions decision by December 6th
Priority Application: Apply by January 15th to receive an admissions decision by February 5th
Regular Application: Apply by March 15th to receive an admissions decision by April 6th
Final Application (decisions after this date dependent upon availability): Apply by June 15th to receive an admissions decision by July 6th.
The M.A. in Leadership program reviews completed Spring Semester applications on a rolling basis.
Requirements for All Applicants
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- GPA 2.75 minimum.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges where a degree was earned or is currently being earned.
- E-transcripts preferred. Address them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail hard copies to Graduate Admissions Dept., Attn: Nancy Crane, 501 College Ave., Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Applicants who have earned more than 25% of their degree from institutions outside of their degree-conferring school will be required to supply official transcripts for those credits in the event they are not explicitly listed on their original transcript with course names and grades. Graduate Admissions will reserve the right to request additional transcripts as may be needed to meet departmental requirements or demonstrate proof of program-specific prerequisites.
- Application Form.
- Academic: An instructor from whom you have taken a class preferred.
- Pastoral: Can be a Christian leader who is not a pastor.
- Professional: A person with whom you have had a supervisor-employee relationship, which can be in a non-paid context.
Additional Requirements for International Students
International students, and permanent residents of the US whose native language is not English, are required to take either the TOEFL iBT Test, IELTS Academic Test or Duolingo English test with the minimal scores indicated below:
TOEFL iBT Test: 80 with at least 18 in each category
IELTS Academic Test: 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each category
Duolingo English Test: 105
Applicants who wish to waive their English proficiency test, please refer to the English proficiency page for details.
An International Transcript Verification Report is needed for students who completed degrees outside of the United States.
The M.A. in Leadership will equip you to think critically and act creatively to communicate the gospel and lead the change that’s needed in our contemporary, multi-ethnic world.