The Outdoor and Adventure Leadership (OAL) concentration involves successful completion of 40 semester hours. Students will take 24 semester hours of Evangelism and Leadership courses at Wheaton's campus, and 16 hours in the OAL concentration at HoneyRock.
Courses are either two (2) or four (4) semester credit hours. A 2-credit intensive class meets for 9 hours per day for 3 days. A 4-credit intensive class meets for 9 hours per day over 6 days. In addition to the classroom hours, each class requires advance and post course work. Students should allow approximately 10 weeks, 6 prior and 4 after, to complete each class.
Evangelism and Leadership Courses (24 semester hours)
- EVAN 526: Gospel: Theological Perspectives on Evangelism and Renewal (4)
- EVAN 534: Apologetics in Modern and Emerging Culture (or substitute which must be approved by Program Coordinator) (2)
- EVAN 542: Church: Movements and Models (4)
- EVAN 545: Culture: Emerging and Global. (4)
- INTR 561: Intercultural Communication
- EVAN 573: Evangelism Research Methods (2)
- EVAN 692: Comprehensive Exam (0)
- BITH Category 1 TSR course (BITH 564, 565, 566, or BITH 576) (4)
Please refer to the list of classes for more on these and other course descriptions. Approximate course schedules are also available. Make further inquiries with the program coordinator.
OAL Concentration Courses (16 semester hours)
- CFM 565 Temporary Communities and the Church
- CFM 662 Theology and Practice of Outdoor Ministry (4)
- CFM 663 Leadership Development in Outdoor Ministry (4)
- CFM 661 Foundations of Experiential Education
Refer to the Evangelism and Leadership Department for more information.