Admission decisions based on total applicant pool.
Requirements for All Students
- Application Deadline: August 1.
- Bachelor's Degree from a Regionally Accredited Institution. GPA 3.0 minimum.
- Master’s degree or higher that is completed or in progress in a mental-health discipline or related field or current enrollment in a graduate training program in a mental-health discipline or related field.
- Examples of Mental-Health Disciplines: Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Social Work, and Marriage & Family Therapy.
- Examples of Related Fields: Disaster management, humanitarian action, emergency management, international development, and public health.
- Official Transcripts from each individual school at which you ever enrolled - even for just one credit and even if it appears as transfer credit on your bachelor's transcript.
- E-transcripts preferred. Address them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail hard copies to Graduate Admissions, Nancy Crane, 501 College Av., Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Application Form - Online Graduate Short Application.
- Professional Recommendation: Should be a person with whom you have had a supervisor-employee relationship, which can be in a non-paid context. The recommendation request can be sent through our application portal. Letters accepted as supplements to the forms.
- Resume - Chronological.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- An English Proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS) is required for all international applicants instead of the GRE.
- If TOEFL or IELTS is waived, then MAT or GRE is required.
- Transcript evaluation report required with every official transcript.
- Please review Graduate International Admissions for full information.
- Please note that this program does not offer F1 visa. International students can only do the online format. If interested in residential study, please apply for other MA degrees.
Learn more about the program and the School of Psychology, Counseling, and Family Therapy.