Applying to the Wheaton College Graduate School
Learn more about the admission requirements and application deadlines for the M.A. in Theology at the Wheaton College Graduate School.
Application Deadline Information
The formal application deadline for all international applicants is January 1st.
United States (Citizen, Permanent Resident, National) Applicants
The M.A. in Theology program will continue to review completed Fall Semester applications after June 15th on a rolling basis. Please note that decisions after the June 15th date are dependent upon the availability of remaining spaces. We encourage following the deadlines below to enhance your application experience.
Early Action Application: Apply by November 15th to receive an admissions decision by December 6th
Priority Application: Apply by January 15th to receive an admissions decision by February 5th
Regular Application: Apply by March 15th to receive an admissions decision by April 6th
Final Application (decisions after this date dependent upon availability): Apply by June 15th to receive an admissions decision by July 6th
The M.A. in Theology program reviews completed Spring Semester applications on a rolling basis.
Requirements for All Applicants
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Application for admission with autobiographical information and essays as indicated in application.
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges or universities attended.
- Three references: Academic, Pastoral (or other Christian leader), and Professional (employer).
- Signed Statement of Veracity, Statement of Faith, and Community Covenant.
- $30 non-refundable application processing fee.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- An English Proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS) is required for all international applicants instead of the GRE.
- A Transcript evaluation report is required with every official transcript.
- The formal application deadline for international students is January 1st. Please review the Graduate International Admission page for more information.
Learn more about the program and the School of Biblical and Theological Studies.