March 1 admission decisions based on entire applicant pool.
Requirements for All Students
- Application Deadline: March 1
- Bachelor's Degree from a Regionally Accredited Institution.
- GPA 3.0 minimum.
- GRE General Test. Institution Code 1905.
- Official Transcripts from each individual school at which you ever enrolled - even for just one credit and even if it appears as transfer credit on your bachelor's transcript.
- E-transcripts preferred. Address them to email@example.com.
- Mail hard copies to Nancy Crane, Graduate Admissions Dept., 501 College Av., Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Online Application Form.
- Four Recommendations, which are online forms. Letters accepted as supplements to the forms.
- Academic. Should be an instructor from whom you have taken a class.
- Pastoral. Can be a Christian leader who is not a pastor.
- Professional. Should be a person with whom you have had a supervisor-employee relationship, which can be in a non-paid context.
- Mental Health Professional. Should be a licensed, mental-health practitioner or a psychology professor.
- Resume - chronological.
- Personal Interview with an MFT faculty member. We hope to use the interview to get to know students better and to give them an opportunity to get to know our program better.
- NOTE: Students need to submit their application forms forty-eight hours prior to the interview. Supplemental items are not required for the interview.
- 10/15/19, Tuesday, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm CST, video conference
- 10/17/19, Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST, video conference
- 10/25/19, Friday, 8:30 am to 11:30 am CST, video conference
- 11/8/19, Friday, 8:30 am to 11:30 am CST, video conference
- 11/12/19, Tuesday, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm CST, video conference
- 11/14/19, Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST, video conference
- 12/3/19, Tuesday, 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm CST, video conference
- 12/5/19, Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST, video conference
- 12/13/19, Friday, 8:30 am to 11:30 am CST, video conference
- 2/14/20, Friday, Interview Day on campus. We strongly recommend coming to Interview Day.
To schedule an interview, contact the MFT Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- The English Proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS) is required for all international applicants instead of the GRE.
- If TOEFL or IELTS is waived, then MAT or GRE is required.
- Transcript evaluation report required with every official transcript.
- Please review Graduate International Admissions for full information.
Learn more about the program and the School of Psychology, Counseling, and Family Therapy.