Admission decisions based on entire applicant pool.
Requirements for All Students
- Application Deadline: March 1
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- GPA 3.0 minimum.
- GRE General Test scores.
- Official transcripts from all schools that ever granted you college credit, even just one credit and even if the credit appears on your bachelor's transcript.
- Online Admission Application.
- Four Online Recommendation Forms, not letters.
- Pastoral (or other Christian Leader).
- Can be submitted by someone with whom you've had a supervisor-employee relationship, for example in a ministry, internship, or missions-trip context.
- Mental Health Professional.
- Can be submitted by a psychology professor or a mental health practitioner who preferably has a doctorate and who has preferably not served as your therapist.
- Letters accepted as supplements to Recommendation Forms.
- Four Essays.
- Chronological Resume.
- Signed Statement of Faith, Community Covenant, and Statement of Veracity.
- Application Processing Fee US $30, non-refundable.
- Interview with MFT faculty member is required for all applicants. We hope to use the interview to get to know students better and to give them an opportunity to get to know our program better. NOTE: Students need to submit their application and essays prior to the interview. You can interview in person or via video conference.
- October 10, 2017, Tuesday, video conference.
- December 8, 2017, Friday, video conference.
- January 26, 2018, Friday, video conference.
- February 16, 2018, Friday, Interview Day on campus. We strongly recommend coming to Interview Day.
To schedule an interview, contact the MFT Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- The English Proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS) is required for all international applicants instead of the GRE.
- If TOEFL or IELTS is waived, then MAT or GRE is required.
- Transcript evaluation report required with every official transcript.
- Please review Graduate International Admissions for full information.
Learn more about the program and the School of Psychology, Counseling, and Family Therapy.