Applying to the Wheaton College Graduate School
Learn more about the admission requirements and application deadlines for the M.A. in Humanitarian and Disaster Leadership at the Wheaton College Graduate School.
Application Deadline Information
The formal application deadline for all international applicants is January 1st.
United States (Citizen, Permanent Resident, National) Applicants
The M.A. in Humanitarian and Disaster Leadership program will continue to review completed applications after May 15th on a rolling basis. Please note that decisions after the May 15th date are dependent upon registration availability. We encourage following the deadlines below to enhance your application experience.
Early Action Application: Apply by November 15th to receive an admissions decision by December 6th
Priority Application: Apply by January 15th to receive an admissions decision by February 5th
Regular Application: Apply by March 15th to receive an admissions decision by April 6th
Final Application (decisions after this date dependent upon availability): Apply by May 15th to receive an admissions decision by June 1st
Requirements for All Students
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Resume; please highlight work and ministry experience.
- Official Transcripts from all schools that ever granted you college credit, even just one credit, and even if the credit appears on your bachelor's transcript.
- E-transcripts highly preferred. They are the fastest, most reliable method of delivery. They must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail hard copies to Nancy Crane, Graduate Admissions, 501 College Ave., Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Admission Application
- Three Online Recommendations Forms
- Pastor (or other Christian leader)
- Option if you do not have an employer: Someone with whom you have had a supervisor-employee relationship, e.g., in a ministry, internship, or missions-trip context.
- Letters accepted as supplements to Online Recommendation Forms.
- Essays. Essay questions found in application.
- Signed Statement of Faith, Community Covenant, and Statement of Veracity.
- Application Fee US $30, non-refundable.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- An English Proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS) is required for all international applicants instead of the GRE.
- If TOEFL or IELTS is waived, then MAT or GRE is required.
- Transcript evaluation report required with every official transcript.
- The formal application deadline for all international applicants is January 1st. Please review the Graduate International Admissions page for more information.
Learn more about the program and the Humanitarian & Disaster Leadership program.