Admission decisions based on total applicant pool.
Requirements for All Students
- Application Deadline: March 1.
- Bachelor's Degree from a Regionally Accredited Institution.
- GPA 3.0 minimum.
- GRE General Test. Institution Code 1905.
- Official Transcripts from each individual school at which you ever enrolled - even for just one credit and even if it appears as transfer credit on your bachelor's transcript.
- E-transcripts preferred. Address them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail hard copies to Nancy Crane, Graduate Admissions Dept., 501 College Av., Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Application Form - online.
- Four Recommendations, which are online forms. Letters accepted as supplements to the forms.
- Academic. Should be an instructor from whom you have taken a class.
- Pastoral. Can be a Christian leader who is not a pastor.
- Professional. Should be a person with whom you have had a supervisor-employee relationship, which can be in a non-paid context.
- Mental Health Professional. Should be a licensed, mental-health practitioner or a psychology professor.
- Resume - Chronological.
- Interview with a CMHC Faculty Member. We hope to use the interview to get to know students better and to give them an opportunity to get to know our program better.
- NOTE: Applicants should submit their application forms at least forty-eight hours prior to the interview. Supplemental items are not required for the interview.
- 9/24/19, Tuesday, 8:30 am CST, video conference.
- 10/29/19, Tuesday, 8:30 am CST, video conference.
- 11/26/19, Tuesday, 8:30 am CST, video conference
- 12/17/19, Tuesday, 8:30 am CST, video conference
- 1/28/20, Tuesday, 8:30 am CST, video conference
- 2/21/20, Friday, Interview Day on campus. Time to be determined. We strongly recommend coming to this day.
To schedule an interview, please contact the CMHC Program Administrator at email@example.com
Additional Requirements for International Students
- An English Proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS) is required for all international applicants instead of the GRE.
- If TOEFL or IELTS is waived, then MAT or GRE is required.
- Transcript evaluation report required with every official transcript.
- Please review Graduate International Admissions for full information.
Learn more about the program and the School of Psychology, Counseling, and Family Therapy.