Admission decisions based on total applicant pool.
Requirements for All Students
- Application deadline: March 1.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- GPA 3.0 minimum
- GRE General Test. Institution Code 1905.
- Official Transcripts from all schools that ever granted you college credit, even just one credit and even if that credit appears on your bachelor's transcript.
- E-transcripts preferred. They are the fastest and most reliable method of delivery. Have them addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail hard copies to Nancy Crane, Graduate Admissions Dept., 501 College Av., Wheaton, IL 60187.
- Online Application Form
- Four Online Recommendation Forms, not letters
- Pastoral (or other Christian leader)
- Can be submitted by someone with whom you had a supervisor-employee relationship, e.g., in a ministry, internship, or missions-trip context.
- Mental Health Professional
- Can be submitted by a psychology professor or a mental health practitioner who preferably has a doctorate and who preferably has not served as your therapist.
- Letters accepted as supplements to Recommendation Forms.
- Three Essays
- Chronological Resume
- Signed Statement of Faith, Community Covenant, and Statement of Veracity.
- Interview with CMHC faculty member. We hope to use the interview to get to know students better and to give them an opportunity to get to know our program better. NOTE: Students need to submit their application and essays at least forty-eight hours prior to the interview. You can interview in person or via video conference on the following dates:
- 9/13/17, Wednesday, 1 pm CST, video conference.
- 12/1/17, Friday, 8:30 am CST, video conference.
- 1/19/18, Friday, 8:30 am CST, video conference.
- 2/16/18, Friday, 8:30 am CST, video conference.
- 2/23/18, Friday. Interview Day, on campus. We strongly recommend coming to Interview Day.
- To schedule your interview, please contact the CMHC Program Administrator, at
Additional Requirements for International Students
- An English Proficiency exam (TOEFL or IELTS) is required for all international applicants instead of the GRE.
- If TOEFL or IELTS is waived, then MAT or GRE is required.
- Transcript evaluation report required with every official transcript.
- Please review Graduate International Admissions for full information.
Learn more about the program and the psychology department.