March 2021 Update
Watch the entire video, or hover your cursor on the orange dot bookmarks and click to view a particular topic or question. Timestamps are also indicated below.
- 00:00 - Introduction
- 00:53 - What budget cuts were made due to the pandemic?
- 3:03 - What areas were cut/limited to be more strategic?
- 4:23 - More on budget restrictions and strategic investment
- 6:25 - Impact to the College from lost revenue
- 8:25 - Impact of budget reductions to faculty/tenure
- 10:14 - State of endowment and financial sustainability
- 12:19 - Update on proposed capital campaign
- 14:00 - How we balance capital projects
- 17:00 - How WC prepares to teach students from varying pedagogical backgrounds
- 19:31 - How young families can prepare for an affordable Wheaton education
- 20:51 - Environmental sustainability at Wheaton
- 23:04 - Impact of COVID on students/staff/faculty
- 27:02 - Update on vaccine availability
- 27:56 - Update on admissions
- 30:00 - Impact and response to Jan 6 statements
- 32:37 - Does Wheaton have an official position on CRT
- 35:24 - Update on Chapel Services
- 36:37 - Unseen pockets of daily operations on campus alumni should know about