The Presidential Leadership Awards, named after Wheaton College’s historic leaders, extend the College’s investment in students who demonstrate leadership qualities that can contribute to Wheaton's mission to build up the church and benefit society worldwide.
Presidential Leadership Award honorees will have demonstrated solid academic performance, depth of Christian faith, and exceptional leadership capabilities. Each Presidential Leadership Awards are renewable annually for up to four years with a 3.0 GPA. All Wheaton College applicants (including non-U.S. citizens) are eligible to apply by completing the Wheaton College Scholarship Application.
Blanchard Leadership Award
$40,000 ($10,000 per year)
Charles Blanchard, Wheaton’s second president and son of founder Jonathan Blanchard, is the College’s longest serving president. During his 43 years in office, Blanchard commended students to hard work in their studies and have compassion for the wider world.
Edman Leadership Award
$20,000 ($5,000 per year)
Wheaton College’s fourth president, V. Raymond Edman led the institution through its 100th anniversary. Under his tenure, Wheaton rose to global impact and international acclaim for distinctively Christ-centered education.
Because of changes made to the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) this year, we've moved up our scholarship timeline as well to help you receive your financial aid package sooner.
|Application Round||Admission Application Deadline||Scholarship Application Deadline||Scholarship Notification|
|First-Year Early Action||November 1st||November 1st||January 1st|
|First-Year Regular Action||January 10th||January 10th||April 1st|
|Fall Transfers||March 1st||February 1st||April 1st|
|October 1st||October 1st||December 1st|
Recipients of the Presidential Leadership Awards will have demonstrated leadership skills and knowledge in one of following areas:
- Academic Engagement - Ways your academic studies and interests shape how you interpret and/or impact the world around you.
- American Multicultural Engagement – Demonstration of engaging issues of ethnic diversity within the United States through activities or personal experience.
- Civic Engagement - Involvement in activities that made a positive impact on your school, community, or society.
- Global Engagement – Service, engagement, and experiences with the global community. International travel would be positive, but not required if you have engagement with global issues from your home area.
- Ministry Engagement – Commitment to build up the church and benefit society through ministry, discipleship, or evangelism.
You can learn more about our new merit scholarships on New Scholarships FAQs.
Additional financial aid, including academic merit scholarships and generous need-based aid, is available for students applying to Wheaton College. For more information about the value of a Wheaton education, please visit wheaton.edu/value.