Thank you for your interest in Wheaton College! We welcome your application and look forward to getting to know you.
- International Students: For the purposes of admission to Wheaton College, an international student is defined as a non-U.S. citizen who does not have a U.S. permanent resident card. If you are a citizen of the United States or its territories, or you have a U.S. permanent resident card, you are not classified as an international applicant - please refer to the application instructions for the College of Arts & Sciences or Conservatory of Music.
- First-Year applicants (first-time, first-year) are those students who have not yet graduated from high school, regardless of the number of college credits earned, or those who have graduated but have not earned any post-high school college credit. College coursework is evaluated after acceptance.
- Transfer applicants are those who, at the time of application, have graduated from high school and subsequently earned credit at a higher education institution.
International Student Application Information
(Read Before Applying)
International students may apply to the College of Arts and Sciences or to the Conservatory of Music, but not both. Please review the information below which is pertinent to all international students before continuing with the application process.
Admissions Deadlines and Decisions Communication
International applicants may apply for the fall semester only.
||Admissions Application Deadline
|First-Year Early Action||November 1st||November 1st||December 31st||May 1st|
|First-Year Regular Action||January 10th||February 1st||April 1st||May 1st|
|Fall Transfer||March 1st||March 1st||Beginning April 1st||May 1st|
Admission decisions are given to overseas students by email or fax upon your written request. We will also send you an official copy of your decision letter by mail. In the interest of confidentiality and fairness to all applicants, we do not give decisions over the telephone or prior to the notification dates listed. Early Action applicants will be emailed by January 5, and Regular Action applicants will be emailed by April 1.
International Student Scholarships
The Wheaton College Undergraduate Admissions Office awards one full tuition, room and board international student scholarship each year. No separate application is required; every international student applying for admission will automatically be considered for this scholarship. Financial need will be a leading factor in the awarding of the scholarship. Learn more about international student scholarships with our International Student FAQs.
English Proficiency Test Scores
English proficiency requirements apply to all international students and to U. S. residents whose native language is not English. Please read the English Proficiency Requirements.
Secondary School Records
To be considered official, all secondary school transcripts, mark sheets, and certificates must (1) be sent directly from the school to Wheaton College Admissions Office (either through an official electronic transcript service, or by mail); (2) bear the original signature of the school official; (3) bear the official school seal. Notarized or certified copies are acceptable.
If your documents are in a language other than English, an official English translation must be provided in addition to the official documents in the original language. Important: You may not submit a translation of the document which has been done by you or a family member.
If you have already earned a secondary school certificate, degree, or diploma, please send a certified copy to the Wheaton College Admissions Office. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Secondary School Reports (Optional)
Please download the Secondary School Report (PDF), which is for first-year applicants only, and is optional. It should be completed by a school official and submitted with your Secondary School Record.
University Records (If Applicable)
Transfer applicants are required to submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions, whether or not credit was earned or grades were received. First-Year applicants who have taken or are taking university courses at a post-secondary institution should also submit transcripts. To be considered official, all university transcripts, mark sheets, and certificates must:
(1) be sent directly from the university to the Wheaton College Admissions Office at 501 College Ave, Wheaton, IL 60187;
(2) bear the original signature of the university official;
(3) bear the official school seal. Notarized or certified copies are acceptable.
If your documents are in a language other than English an official English translation must be provided in addition to the official documents in the original language. Important: You may not submit a translation of the document which has been done by you or a family member.
If you have earned a certificate or diploma, please send us a certified copy. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about which documents you need to send. Important: If you have already earned a bachelors degree, contact us before applying.
International students are required to submit the International Financial Verification Form (PDF) in addition to their online application. You may also submit the online version of the International Financial Verification Form (JotForm).
Conservatory of Music Auditions
On-campus auditions are strongly recommended for those applying to the Conservatory of Music, and are required for all applicants living within 350 miles of Wheaton. If you live beyond 350 miles, you may submit a recorded audition; please see the audition instructions.
In addition to this international student information, please review the information for your application of choice: